Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid Mount Safety Issue...POS's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:55 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mid Mount Safety Issue...POS's!!!!

I have a Street Bob and I just changed over to forwards last week - Kuryakyn makes an extremely nice standard set for the Dynas that are far better constructed than the toy set HD sells. You can find them on ebay for under 300 new, and they are super easy to install yourself.

I never experienced the problem you are having even with my mids. I do know that if you have to wait a bit to invest in forwards, there is a web site that sells pant stirrups (they fasten on both sides of the bottom of your pant leg and go around the underside of your boot). I used to use them a lot in the 80's on metrics I owned.

Best of luck

Old 09-19-2007, 06:01 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm with alot of others .i have always had mid-control and neve had your problems . even back in the days of bell bottoms . i to would havta say it's got to do with leg lenth.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

I installed mid pegs as an alternative foot resting location to the forwards on long rides. I keep them folded up when I'm not on the highway for the exact reason you described.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:09 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Forward controls are for posers. Mid mount controls are far more comfortable and allow far greater bike control than forwards ever will. As for getting your jeans caughtand calling it a safety issue you are a ******** who really should'nt be on a bike anyway.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

What color is your Honda?

Old 09-19-2007, 06:56 AM
FLHTPjeff
Cruiser

I guess if they all came with forwards, I'd have to buy mids. Maybe I'm not tall enough to appreciate 'em, but I just can't get comfortable on a bike with forwards. FWIW, I don't have an issue with catching pant legs on the pegs.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:59 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A cheap solution if you don't have money for forwards, is to tuck your pants into your socks.

I'm not sure if having forwards makes you a poser, but they make me more comfortable.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Travlinman314
Road Captain

Again, like others have mentioned, I have not had this problem at all. I've got a 30" inseam, just put highway pegs on to see if I might like forwards, (30 years of riding with mids), and am already thinking of ways to bring the highway pegs a little closer.
To the contrary, I'm also looking into lowering the bike so my left leg does not constantly touch the housing when stopped at a light. This is the first bike I've had this broblem with, but I'll get over it...

Old 09-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

No issue with mids here, in fact prefer them for anything but hiway cruising, and that's why I got hiway pegs. Like the choice in positions on long rides and see no reason for forward controls and their expense. JMHO.

Chip

Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 AM
badbs101
Road Master

It's happened to me too. My feet and pants have beencaught up in the mids from time to time, especiallywhen I first got the bike. I've learned to keep my feet outof the way for the most part. I don't know why but I never had this problem with my Yamaha Virago. I'm not planning on getting forwards because I preferthe mids with highway pegs over forwards. I would never go back to the Virago though so the weird mid peg placement is just a minor annoyance that I'll live with.

Quick Reply: Mid Mount Safety Issue...POS's!!!!