Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are the custom bolt-ons for Dynas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:29 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Where are the custom bolt-ons for Dynas?

ORIGINAL: ksscooter

I've never had a problem finding anything I was looking for.Over time I've sprinkled parts from the front to the back and the top to the bottom. Betweeen the local dealer, indie, and J&P I can't imagine what you couldn't find.
Ditto that on all counts.

There's plenty of stuff made for dyna's out there. I can't think of anything that is made for a softail that I'd want on my dyna that I can't get. Sometimes the inventory on-hand at a stealer is a different story. But just because it isn't on the shelf doesn't mean it isn't made and can't be found. I will say that, when my 07 was new and I purchased it in 06, it was a little harder and more frustrating at that time to find things that would fit '06 and up dyna's because they changed certain things starting in '06. But the parts and the catalogs seem to have caught up with that now. Do yourself a favor and go online and request a J&P Cycles catalog. Chances are you'll find what you are looking for in there everytime. And, even some stuff you didn't know even existed.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

The J&P Cycles book is over 1,000 pages dedicated to HD. Pleanty of stuff to pick from...

Old 09-19-2007, 10:08 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: Far 3ast

I was reading in another thread how the Dyna line is the stepchild among Harleys (based on the lack of support in custom parts, not just from the aftermarket but from the MoCo as well).

I can think of a number of reasons why it's hard to find bolt-ons for our motorcycles, but they're just guesses. I have seen a lot of items I though were cool, but are for Softail only (or sometimes Softail and FXDWG).

Anyway, I'm not crying about it, but it does make it a challege to customize your ride. I've found that some of the items that weren't made to fit a Dyna can be adapted to fit. Maybe the maker of the part just never tested the fit on a Dyna, so it isn't listed as workable.

Bottom line is we Dyna owners have to be more creative when it comes to customizing our bikes, either adapting things to fit on our bikes or fabricating our own parts.

Do any of you have a story to tell about a mod you did you your bike, but you had to deal with the "Dyna Factor"?

Ya mean like this.

I also made a custom bracket for the oil cooler I put on.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:36 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice job on the cooler, wlbowers!! Looks good. Lines go to the adapter between filter and block, I'm guessing?

Old 09-20-2007, 12:20 PM
woodreaux
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

You arehit and miss with Dyna customizing using parts from MOCO.
No dual disc brake options and limited alloy wheel choices for my 07 SB are my 2 complaints.
I would like to get some alloy wheels other than the Road Winder wheel or the FXD/L wheels.
Dual disc set up is not easy using MOCO parts leaving PM or Brembo as options for brake upgrades.

However the current generation of Dynas are solid performers.
They ride incredibly well with shock upgrades or setting the factory preload stiffer and best using a bit heavier fork oil.
I'll probably keep my 07 SB like it is with stock wheels and brakes.
I going to spend that money on cams, pistons, heads and etc.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:49 PM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Besides the headlamp housing - what else do you want to do that has been unavailable to you?
Just curious.
Plently of seats/shocks/exhausts/chrome covers/wheels and such. Handlebars are pretty universal - OK the bar mounted speedo is a mess.
But what else?

Old 09-20-2007, 01:02 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at first disappointed when walking into the stealers and seeing most of the wall of stuff for softies and tourers..dynas had a little cornor in back! But multi-fit has most of what I want, for now anyway.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Swap meet

Old 09-20-2007, 02:48 PM
jhmp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bolt on doesn't make it custom. Customizing is when You make the parts.
Evidently this line of thinking has gone by the wayside. Bolt on's nice and easy,
but it aint custom. -in my book.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:15 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Custom means "made specifically for an individual thing or person". So, parts that are made to bolt on to specific makes or models, but aren't standard equipment, are "custom parts". Has nothing to do with who made it. Making it yourself certainly makes it unique but that is not what defines custom. That's from my book. Oh, and part of it is from Webster's book as well.

Quick Reply: Where are the custom bolt-ons for Dynas?