Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superbrace Fork Brace Testimonial

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007 | 03:58 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Superbrace Fork Brace Testimonial

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna

I guess if they made em in china they would be much cheaper, but probably contain lead

DougJ
Right. Don't let your kid eat 'em! [8D]

Old 10-24-2007 | 04:06 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sal C

sb2005.....is the discount going to go on past October? With all this testimonial, I want to get one too, but it'll take me a bit longer to save for it.
Thanks oh yeah...If you can upsize the pict of the 07 Low Rider, you can notice I have 'billet' dust covers. Would the brace go on the top of the dust covers?

[IMG]local://upfiles/34121/AEDCE2EDDD7C48CDB4E40A19B9245591.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/34121/CFE3C72EDD674D20828162D2A5E9DF01.jpg[/IMG]
Don't think so........... They are designed to go 50/50 over the cap and slider.
I would suggest contact Superbrace, and get their feedback.

DougJ

Old 03-04-2008 | 12:33 PM
SuperBrace
Banned

DougsDyna,

Regarding the "billet" dust covers, I'm not sure as we haven’t been asked for your application yet. I'm wondering if one another member has tried with that style of cap.

Being the Manufacturer, we currently don't have anything sales going on for the Dyna however below are some companies that are currently running sales this month: http://www.onestopmoto.com, www.realhog.com and www.cyclesolutions.net. All 3 are authorized dealers of SuperBrace and have excellent customer service and speedy delivery. I also wanted to let know that our prices are unfortunately going up on April 1st and with riding season starting, now is the perfect time to get a SuperBrace on your bike.

Safe Riding,

SuperBrace - the Ultimate Fork Stabilizer
www.superbrace.com

Old 03-04-2008 | 02:00 PM
Jughugger
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: sb2005

DougsDyna,

Regarding the "billet" dust covers, I'm not sure as we haven’t been asked for your application yet. I'm wondering if one another member has tried with that style of cap.

Being the Manufacturer, we currently don't have anything sales going on for the Dyna however below are some companies that are currently running sales this month: http://www.onestopmoto.com, www.realhog.com and www.cyclesolutions.net. All 3 are authorized dealers of SuperBrace and have excellent customer service and speedy delivery. I also wanted to let know that our prices are unfortunately going up on April 1st and with riding season starting, now is the perfect time to get a SuperBrace on your bike.

Safe Riding,

SuperBrace - the Ultimate Fork Stabilizer
www.superbrace.com
sb2005,

Did you guys ever start production on the braces for the 2006 Wide Glides? I ordered one back in early October from One Stop Moto, and am still waiting on it!

Jim

Old 03-04-2008 | 03:32 PM
ericsenf
Tourer

So, based on what I'm reading here, I should see a noticeable handling upgrade on the 39mm forks on a '04 FXD? I don't have a problem doing 70 while riding 2-up on the upper mississippi & st. crouix river valleys. This winter has been all handling upgrades with new v-rated rubber, better brake pads, lowered back and front with SE fork oil. I've contemplated a fork brace, but have not seen anyone running one that I could ask if the improvement was worth the expense.

Cheers.

Old 03-04-2008 | 03:40 PM
The Baron
Banned

For those who think the front end doesn't flex enough to warrant a fork brace, get on the bike and get up to 30mph and grab a handful of front brake and see what happens. My Wide glide flexes so much that the bars twist in my hands and the fender makes a popping noise. I can hold the front brake in the garage and give a good shove and watch the front fender tweek. The fender adds no stability. I can't say much about narrow glide bikes but the WG's need help.

Old 02-19-2009 | 08:58 PM
BrianK
Advanced

I have one on my Deuce and like it. The Wide Glide and Deuce are similar in that they have SOMEWHAT (for stock bikes) extended forks to begin with. And I bought the Deuce for its handling (softail and all - see "Progressive 422 Shocks" for help with that one), so getting the front end right was way up on my list.

Must say, for a guy who almost automatically throws progressive fork springs and heavier weight fork oil into almost every bike I get, I have not felt any need to do that on the Deuce - yet. But the fork brace seemed like a "necessity," and while I can't say I noticed an immediate material difference, I would not take it off to experiment and confirm or refute its value (hey, placebos gotta eat too!).

Old 02-19-2009 | 09:06 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by The Baron
For those who think the front end doesn't flex enough to warrant a fork brace, get on the bike and get up to 30mph and grab a handful of front brake and see what happens. My Wide glide flexes so much that the bars twist in my hands and the fender makes a popping noise. I can hold the front brake in the garage and give a good shove and watch the front fender tweek. The fender adds no stability. I can't say much about narrow glide bikes but the WG's need help.
If you're talking about a pre 06 WG with 39mm forks, I can believe it. Later models with 49mm forks? Nah...