Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progresive shocks broken?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:15 PM
06 lowrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progresive shocks broken?????

I have 412 11 inch on my lowrider and i pulled into the garage after ridin and saw oil on the ground. does any1 know what happened to them and can they be fixed or do i need new ones . Just gettin ready to go to OC md. this is rough. any help.
Thank you steve

Old 09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default RE: Progresive shocks broken?????

give a ring toll free 1-866-899-5962 ft. lauderdale, fl EST

Old 09-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I would like to know how this turns out.. I am considering a set of progressive 412s for my 06 LR...keep us posted Lowrider

Old 09-17-2007, 04:17 PM
06 lowrider
Cruiser

I guess i must have broke some kind of seal or something??? Not sure , guess this has not happened to any1 else here. I still had my stock shocks so i put them back on . They make me feel like i am sitting a mile up in the air. Those 412 11 inch progresive shocks really drop the bike down . Would like to get another pair but i dont want them to break again . So not sure what to do Any help ?/
Thanks ,
Steve

Old 09-17-2007, 04:24 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain

Did you get the Heavy-duty? anyone over 225 or anyone going 2up should get the HD version of the shock...I've never heard of anyone blowing out a progressive shocks but I guess parts fail...I'd start with Progressives customer service and go from there...they might replace the shocks or at least pro-rate a new pair...

Old 09-17-2007, 07:23 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

If you do not have a place to put Nitrogen in, than they can not rebuilt. You can either send them back to the factory in hopes of relief or ride em till they break. Hopefully you can get home. I am sorry as I have researched this. I believe sometimes the beginning price does not mean the cheapest price. If, by saving up and purchasing a better brand of shock that can be rebuilt and one that actually rides well, possibly you would have been a head of the game at this point. I do not wish to sound like a wise *** but just offering up some advice. Do with it as you wish & good luck!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:21 PM
JSW
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine blew out. I have the same model and they are Heavy Duty also. I've already received my replacement set through Progressive's warranty. I'm only 190 and I wasn't riding two up at all this summer and they still blew out. I've got my new pair but will still keep the stockers just in case I need them again.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:43 PM
S.G.T.
Intermediate

Had the same trouble with mine also (Progressive 412 11" HD) and had only travelled 600miles with them. Seems like it's not an isolated case. Had mine replaced under the Progressive warrantee.Also keeping my stock pair just in case this happens again.
After reading this post I have concerns about quality ofProgressive products.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 AM
docsg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to hear about the Progessive 412 problems--especially the 11". I installed the 11's on my FXDL in January. Ridden about 4K since with no troubles. Didn't keep the stockers--sold them on this form to another member. I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that they won't blow out.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:49 PM
06 lowrider
Cruiser

i bought my shocks from a member on here so i dont think progressive will do anything about them breaking. Does any1 know of some better quality shocks that will give it that low stance the 11' 412's did .
Thanks Steve

Quick Reply: Progresive shocks broken?????