Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Dyna Fat Bob Forward Controls

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007 | 02:41 AM
bgbdbrwn
|
Tourer
Default 2008 Dyna Fat Bob Forward Controls

I just recently ordered a Fat Bob and was only able to get it with mid controls. Doesn anyone know of any manufacturers that have forward controls for this model ? and/or if controls from other models will fit it?? thanks for any info!

Old 09-14-2007 | 03:25 AM
lone rider
Tourer
Default RE: 2008 Dyna Fat Bob Forward Controls

HD forward controls for Fat Bobs p/n 49080-06 $325

Old 09-14-2007 | 04:43 AM
bgbdbrwn
|
Tourer

thanks man..i allready knew that one..was looking for other brands...

Old 09-14-2007 | 06:29 AM
black dyna
Tourer

looks like a very cool bike from the pics.i would think what fits 06-07s would fit.so there should be some nice stuff out there that will fit that cool fat bob when it comes out and you get yours.

Old 09-14-2007 | 06:50 AM
murphdog
Road Master

Harley's website says "choose from mid-mount or forward controls", can't you order it either way?

Old 09-14-2007 | 06:56 AM
bgbdbrwn
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: murphdog

Harley's website says "choose from mid-mount or forward controls", can't you order it either way?
well because i ordered it through ENCS. A military car sales thing from here in iraq...they only have a limited supply they can sell from..i did get the denim black i wanted...
TTT

Old 09-14-2007 | 07:04 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

I don't see anything in your first post that says why. (lol - you edited your last post as to why as I was writing this)

But, in any case, I would assume that from the neck back the fat bob is basically the same as most of the other dyna's except for maybe the wide glide. I have an 07 with a set of Kuryakyn Deluxe forward controls that I installed myself very easily and I think they look better than the HD forwards (IMO). I would recommend you go to their website (www.kuryakyn.com) and see if they have the 08 fat bob listed. If not, find their number and call them. They are very nice and helpful over the phone and they make great products. The controls I bought are $399 direct from them or at full retail but I picked up my set from an ebay vendor, brand new in the box, for $299 shipped. The nice thing about Kuryakyn's forwards is that you are not required to remove any of the primary components as part of the install. Just bolt on a spline cover where the mid-control shifter was mounted and a locking clip to hide away the old mid-shift linkage point.

Old 09-14-2007 | 07:10 AM
bgbdbrwn
|
Tourer

yeah sorry about that man..that was in another thread I posted why lol...i've looked at their website and they don't have anything listed yet..i checked that back when I first ordered the bike..as far as the spline cover on the primary..there isnt one.. the mids on the fat bob come from up underneath the primary, connected to the frame! lol wierd I know, but i was looking at some pics very closely and thats the way their set up...

Old 09-14-2007 | 07:32 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bgbdbrwn

yeah sorry about that man..that was in another thread I posted why lol...i've looked at their website and they don't have anything listed yet..i checked that back when I first ordered the bike..as far as the spline cover on the primary..there isnt one.. the mids on the fat bob come from up underneath the primary, connected to the frame! lol wierd I know, but i was looking at some pics very closely and thats the way their set up...
The good news is that that primary setup actually makes sense given that it can be factory equipped with mids or forwards. The bad news is that it's possible, then, that kits that fit 06 and up dyna's may not fit the bob. Does this setup still go up behind the primary and connect from a mid-linkage point to a rear linkage point via a removable bar? If so, it's possible the existing kits can still be adapted to the fat bob.

Kuryakyn can tell you for sure though. I'd definitely give them a call if I were you. When I was installing mine, I had a question and called them. The guy went down to some room to find a bike like mine (apparently they keep at least one of each) to verify some things and called me back and got me through the install. And I didn't even buy the kit directly from them (and yes he knew that). Call them and tell them what bike you are getting and they should be able to give you a definitive answer.

Old 09-14-2007 | 07:47 AM
bgbdbrwn
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

ORIGINAL: bgbdbrwn

The good news is that that primary setup actually makes sense given that it can be factory equipped with mids or forwards. The bad news is that it's possible, then, that kits that fit 06 and up dyna's may not fit the bob. Does this setup still go up behind the primary and connect from a mid-linkage point to a rear linkage point via a removable bar? If so, it's possible the existing kits can still be adapted to the fat bob.

Kuryakyn can tell you for sure though. I'd definitely give them a call if I were you. When I was installing mine, I had a question and called them. The guy went down to some room to find a bike like mine (apparently they keep at least one of each) to verify some things and called me back and got me through the install. And I didn't even buy the kit directly from them (and yes he knew that). Call them and tell them what bike you are getting and they should be able to give you a definitive answer.

would be nice to be ablt to call them, but im in Iraq..its hard to call alot of times..I wish I was at home then it would be no problem figuring this stuff out..maybe you could give them a call for me lol...do you ahve messenger or somethen!

Quick Reply: 2008 Dyna Fat Bob Forward Controls