Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Grip Diameter & Street Bob ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005 | 06:58 PM
chapds
|
Cruiser
Default Skull Grip Diameter & Street Bob ??

Hey guys,

Was adding stuff to my wishlist today on Harley.com, & was adding the Harley Skull Grips for my Bobber ( hopefully it will be in next week ). They have 3 different diameters, 1.3, 1.5, & 1.6. My question is, do they all fit the 06 Street Bob, & just one has a little more rubber than the other or what's the deal with the different diameters ??. Please let me know. Also, for those who have purchased them already, are the end caps replaceable ( ie, can they accept the skull endcaps as well ) ?? According to Harley's website, not they cant, but the grip looks like it can. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
Chap

Old 11-27-2005 | 07:25 PM
The Punisher
Banned
Default RE: Skull Grip Diameter & Street Bob ??

Chap,

I have been reading your posts and man you have long wish list for your Bob. I think you have me beat by a mile. In reference to your grip question all of those grip sizes will work. The interior diameter of the grip doesn't change just how much rubber they put on the outside. I have 1.5 on my Bob, and if you have average size hands that is the size you will want. You also can put the skull endcaps on, I did on mine. Its easy just pop off the plain caps that come with the grips and pop on the skull caps. Check out my gallery you may be able to see them, along with every other skull options you can get from HD and some you can't. Hope you get you bike soon and have good weather to put down some miles. Winter is setting in here in the mid-atlantic and the days good enought to ride are getting few and far between. Good luck and ride safe.

Old 11-27-2005 | 09:50 PM
chapds
|
Cruiser

Thanx bro...

Ok, 1.5 it is, as my body is small, but hands are average.

Yeah, my wishlist is huge, but am basically doing what you did to the your bike. I'm going with the entire skull collection, led fuel guage, crinkle finish horn cover, turn signal relocation, smoked turn signals with visors, highway pegs or kuryakyn longhorns ( dont think I can reach with the forwards, i'm too short ), kuryakyn side mount plate, pipes & stage 1 of course ( but probably a little later on that, want to break in first ), wide tire kit ( after I wear the original one out ). It's Harley's fault for not having my bike in stock & having to order it. Since I put my $1000 down & sold my other bike on e'bay, I've shutdown all non-so called-necessities & saved all the cash I could. Right now I have more than enough ( got a $9000 loan at 5.9%, which was perfect ), but with my bike still not in, i'm staying in saving mode. If I can be up $2000 or so by the time my bike is all paid, then i'm gonna order a bunch of stuff from Chicago Harley. That is why i'm trying to collect as much information as possible before I get my bike & before I order stuff.

Weather wise, brother, I live in Southern California. Year round riding for us out here except for the occasional rain storm. Thanx for your help & the great pix in your gallery. That is basically how I want my setup as well. I wish they had the skull license plate ( doesn't make sense that the dont, but they do have the hardware kit, so that is fine ) & skull levers ( another item you figured they would have ).

Oh yeah, did you make a skull horn cover ?? Thought I saw that in the pix, but wasn't sure. If so, let me know what you did if you would.

Thanx
Chap

Old 11-28-2005 | 01:21 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

Chap,

Since you are about 1000 miles from me (don't want a clone ride in the same area), here's the horn cover I have. Search eBay, Harley black horn cover. Take it easy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6080/0711C1D7A1564D18BA6747494F9E7EEA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-28-2005 | 02:27 PM
chapds
|
Cruiser

Yeah, I looked on e'bay last night & found a bunch. Not sure if I want the powder coat or the chrome. I will definetely be getting one though. Thanx for the response...

Later,
Chap

Old 11-29-2005 | 05:18 PM
The Punisher
Banned

Chap,

I also got my horn cover from ebay. They are custom made HD doesn't sell them like that. I actually get alot of the skull collection from ebay, it's much cheaper than the dealer price.

BigDog