Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need Glove Size Chart and winter gloves HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:50 PM
mywideglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need Glove Size Chart and winter gloves HELP

I am looking to buy some gloves for winter. Can you tell me where on the internet, I can figure out my size....and which pair would you suggest. Someone told me about a web site that you could hold your hand up to the screen and place your hand on the monitor for your size....and someone else told me about a pdf file you print out with lots of hand templates....to find your size...but I can't find either of these....

If you know how to find your glove size...please send the url.....and....if you know of some good warm gloves...please send the .....link....Price is no object.....if they are good gloves...and cost $5.00....great deal...if they are good gloves and cost $200....hopefully they will keep my hands warm....help please....

Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: I need Glove Size Chart and winter gloves HELP

I bought some H-D leather gloves that are very warm yet still maintain a pretty good grip and feel on the handlebars. They were on sale for $80 but are probably normally around $100 - $110. That doesn't really help you I know.

I don't know who has size charts on the screen or print out like that but you can try www.leatherup.comfor some good deals on gloves and other things.

I imagine gloves are going to be similar to buying shoes or helmets online. Neither of which I've ever really had much success at. I've measured once, twice, and three times before ordering and nothing I've ordered has ever fit like I wanted it to. If I were you, I'd find a store and try them on for yourself before buying.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
pauletich
Road Master

Look on ebay, I purchased a nice pair of gloves for a good price. They also posted a good way to measure for your hand size, it was off a little. I would say if you are close to the next bigger size go bigger.
Also you can go into the HD shop and try them on to get the perfect fit.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:04 PM
pauletich
Road Master

I found the chart on ebay.
SIZES: XS - SM - MED - LG - XLG - 2XLG - 3XLG
TOP OF THE LINE AND TOP QUALITY

TO ENSURE A PROPER FIT:

MEASURE YOUR DOMINANT HAND
WITH A TAPE MEASURE
MEASURE AROUND THE
KNUCKLES OF YOUR HAND

IF YOUR SIZE FALLS BETWEEN SIZE
ORDER THE NEXT LARGER SIZE

XS -
6" TO 7.5" 19 CM
SM - 8" TO 8.5" 22 CM

MED - 9" TO 9.5" 24 CM

LG - 10" TO 10.5" 27 CM
XLG - 11" TO 11.5" 29 CM

2XLG - 12" TO 12.5" 32 CM

3XLG - 13" TO 13.5" 35 CM

Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 PM
blackbob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fox Creek has size charts on their web site and very competitive prices as far as gloves go.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:36 PM
deuceroadster
Cruiser

Ditto what blackbob said!! I bought a set of "Made In China" gloves from the local H-D dealer and they have finally stopped leaving black dye on my hands everytime I wear them(after a year). Foxcreek has nicer gloves for less money. Plus a real easy to use sizing chart.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, according to that chart, I'd wear a small. I've always worn a Large in a glove wherever I've purchased them. I have purchased three different leather gloves from the local dealer and they are large also. I think them charts probably are specific to their particular glove, but who knows.

I might also add, I've had no problem with black on my hands with any of the genuine H-D gloves. I didn't have any money left in my hand though, that bothered me a little.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:39 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: deuceroadster

Ditto what blackbob said!! I bought a set of "Made In China" gloves from the local H-D dealer and they have finally stopped leaving black dye on my hands everytime I wear them(after a year). Foxcreek has nicer gloves for less money. Plus a real easy to use sizing chart.
I got some warm gloves from HD last month, lined with...get this..cashmere.! Warm, light great looking and good grip, not to expensive $55.00 on sale, but I get good deal because my hands are pretty small relatively so I get the 'off' sizes on-sale. Anyway, these are good quality, no rub off. Good luck, I know how hard it is to get the right size,feel, etc.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:58 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sullivan Glove out in Oregon has a size chart for their gloves on their website. If you have IE 7, you can resize the chart on your monitor soit's to the proper scale.I just bought some of their Enforcer gloves and they're very nice. Can't say how warm their winter gloves are, but they do have some.
There'snot a tight standard between manufacturers on sizing, so either try them on or use a size chart from where you're going to buy them.I've got gloves that range from small to large and they all fit the same.
http://www.sullivanglove.com/

Old 09-12-2007, 02:26 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same problem with a pair of the HD lightweight gloves. Still get a little black once and a while.They are leather palm and back with Harkey Davidson printed on the elastic material on the sides and between the fingers. But my FXRDG (?) winter gloves with the gauntlet haven't let me down yet? ven got a little squeege to wipe your glasses built onto the finger(not that finger) I've rode in some pretty chilly weather here in 'the mitten'. Not sure how cold your riding will be. They were a bit above $100, IIRC.

Quick Reply: I need Glove Size Chart and winter gloves HELP