Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing the Headlight Modulator

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Patriot Rider
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing the Headlight Modulator

Has anyone for their Dyna puchased a headlight modulator? I have an 07 FXDC with the 5 3/4 headlight and I purchased from Kriss Industries the one specifially designed to fit Harleys with the H4 three prong bulb. Well, it don't fit! Supposedly some customer of theirs wrote to them saying that it was installed in ten minutes and of course you have to "position" the 1" X 3/4" box in the headlight bucket but it fit within the space behind the bulb. I have tried positioning every which way but still am needed at least 3/16" to get the bulb/light assy. back into the bucket and get the bezel ring on! I contacted Kriss Tech line and they said to file down the corners because it might be a "special situation" I feel I'm close but there has to be one way I'm not trying yet? Can anyone out there help, the thing works great! Out of the bucket which does me no good! Thanks Much!
Patriot Rider

[IMG]local://upfiles/27509/02315895C8154F81B8608EF8379D5BFD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Bassman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Installing the Headlight Modulator

I've got one. If I remember correctly mine is the VisiPath headlight modulator. It is advertised as the smallest one.
But even that was tight. To get it to fit I had to tape it to the side of the headlight at the deepest part of the bucket and even thenn it barley fit, but it did fit.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Patriot Rider
Novice

Thanks Bassman, the Mfg. is now telling me to split the case and put electical tape on the open part to keep the circuit board from falling out and throw away the backing. Then it should fit. I can't believe I gotta do all this and they advertise that it WILL fit! I guess cause they say nothing about modifying it to fit legally they are still in perimeters! Thanks again I will try your idea prior to ripping the sucker open!
Patriot Rider

Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 PM
DynaDon
Cruiser

My solution...
Amperite Head Alert (www.amperite.com) http://www.amperite.com/DesktopDefau...category_key=2

JC Witney 30 bucks (I think) to the door. It does not come witha sensor so I put it on a toggle switch. You can get an optional sensor, but I did not. That way you have better control anyway. You can't use them at night.It is a tight fit in the bucket and I put it in foam for protection.
I went a couple steps further and added a 55w halogen bulb tomodulate. It's above thestock H4 (Silverstar), pointed down for a low beam. This way the modulator is not so obnoxious. Meaning the headlight "flickers" but not as much as if it was connected to the main bulb. Some think the modulated light makes you look like an emergency vehicle or you are falshing your lights at them.
I also added two more 55W bulbs to the bottom (pointed up) for the high beam.
It works well and throws a lot oflight. Here is a couple of pics.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...-Headlight.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...eadlight-2.jpg
[/align]

Old 10-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Patriot Rider
Novice

Thanks Dyna Don I finally got the modulator to fit I had to file down ALL the corners and take them all down to barely nothing. Then it fit but was still tight but it DID fit. It works great has the sensor which kills it at Sunset. Just a lot of mods to the unit, I will now attempt the brake light modulator once I get the new LED's for the rear. Thanks again for the pics, really great macro photography there!