Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake lamp and rear markers

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:01 AM
xmarine
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lamp and rear markers

Newbie here and need some advice
I bottomed out last week and rubbed the insulation off the rear turn signal marker lamps. Went to work on Monday and noticed that I had no tail light or rear markers.
I bought a laydown plate with the relocation for the rear markers and rewired. My tail lamp now lights but not brake lamp. The markers only light when turn signal are used. I ohmed out the branch that goes from the tail lamp to the pigtail behind the fuse box and the branch tested good. All fuses are good. Anybody ever had this trouble? BTW, this forum is the greatest.
Thanks, XMarine

Old 09-08-2007, 11:27 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Brake lamp and rear markers

sounds to me like somewhere in the mix you have either a open wire grounding out... or a open wire touching another line somewhere.... when i bottomed out i ripped the wireing our all the way through the tunnel and by the seat is where mine snapped... i have the service manual if you want me to scan any wire specs for you... shoot me a PM

Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Brake lamp and rear markers

Wow -- that's some serious bottom-out. Did you have rear marker lights to begin with? I ask because as delivered from the factory they're turn signals only. You can get a gizmo to make them double up as marker lights and turn signals but unless you did that, itsounds like they're OK.