Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 superglide question

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:54 PM
flea402
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 superglide question

anybody know where to get a vertical license plate mount for an 07 fxd? Kuryakyn makes one but its only for 99-05 models.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Skitzer
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 superglide question

You mean vertical like the stock one?

Old 09-09-2007, 04:56 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

I think he means a vertical plate holder as in the type you mount to the swingarm, not the fender.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:28 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a piece of 16 gage steel 4x7 inches and the old stock bracket. With clean bending, drilling and painting, you will have a pro looking side mount for about five bucks. Mount mounts to the upper belt guard hole in the swingarm. I bent the stock bracket piece with the three holes (the one behind the plate), curved the 4x7 plate, and bolted them together and to the bike. Don't forget to prime and paint any bare metal.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
up in minot
Road Captain

I took the stock bracket, the piece with the three holes, bent it as it needed to be (not that easy of a task, as that sh*t is sturdy), went to Wal-Mart, got a chrome mc license plate frame, got home took the rear chain guard bolt out, put it through the license plate frame/plate/and back on the bike where it belongs. Looks sweet and was only about $3 total to do. As for lighting it up, to keep the cops off of my *** (small town living lately), while I was at Wal-Mart, I purchased an LED ligth that was for a car license plate frame, spliced it into my tail light (not brake light), pushed the rear fender in a bit (above the plate, as it's a bit flexible), and wedged it (very carefully in there). Finally, I hid the wiring under the rear fender, along with the factory wiring. It's really not as hard as I just made it sound. See pics below (sorry they're so crappy. not enough light in the garage, and i had to use my crappy camera)...

Take Care,
Olkie

Old 09-09-2007, 10:06 PM
up in minot
Road Captain

After I looked at the pictures, it almost looked like there was some sort of spacer, or washer bent back behind there. I checked the bike, twice, and it's just some sort of weird reflection off of the gloss on the paint...Whhhew...had myself worried fo a minute ;-)

Old 09-09-2007, 11:25 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about a shot of what the fender looks like since you took the plate off of it? Are you going to fill the holes and have it painted, or are you going to put the plastic caps in? I printed your post with the pictures included so when I get home I can look to see if this is something I can do with my bike. I'm just worried that when I remove the plate bracket on the fender, that the skull won't be complete under it and the holes in the fender.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 PM
up in minot
Road Captain

Here's what I did to fill/cover the holes left in the fender. I was walking through my local mall waiting for someone. I stumbled into Spencer's Gifts (haven't been in there for like 10 years) because I wanted a wallet with a chain on it, for a piece of mind when I'm riding. I came across a pretty cool one. It was $10, and had a nice medal emblem on it. While I was riding home, I thought to myself, "I wonder if this medal emblem would cover the holes in the fender." I measured the distance of the holes, and then the emblem, and sure as sh*t, it would work perfectly! I managed to get the emblem removed from the wallet (it was held in by rivets), flatened theleft over rivet pieces on the back of the emblem, and put some thin double stick tape on the back of the emblem. Finally, I put it on the bike. I think it looks AWESOME!!! I've been getting good comments eveywhere I go! I guess you can decide for yourself. Take a look . . .

I can't believe I just gave my inexpensive way out of it secrets out online ;-) No honestly, I'm happy to help.

Take Care,
Olkie

Old 09-10-2007, 12:50 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The tips are awesome, thanks for sharing.