Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allow me the ignorance

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Spanish Flyer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allow me the ignorance

I have a map installed on my PC III and want to change it to a newer version. The PC III is jammed between the frame and the rear mudguard, but I was careful enough to connect the USB wire which I now keep under my seat.

My question is, having a Laptop with the software installed, how can I change the map on the PC III? If I have to have the engine running I will suffocate before I end the mod, having my bike in a garage and thats about my only option. How do I save the map I had just in case my new one does not work?

BR,
Spanish Flyer

Old 09-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Allow me the ignorance

First, smart thinking on making the USB cable available.

If you're just uploading a map, it only takes a few seconds to update the PCIII. Literally, by the time you release the Enter key on your laptop, it's done. You can hold your breath that long. [ol][*]Connect the PC USB cable to the PCIII.[*]Take a deep breath.[*]Start the bike.[*]Start the PowerCommander application on the laptop.[*]Select and upload the new map.[*]Kill the motor.[*]Exhale.[/ol]Seriously, if you have questions, PM me and we can talk if needed.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Allow me the ignorance

You do notneed to have the motor running to change the map if you have the 9 volt battrey connector for the power commander.You need to have the PCIII software installed on your laptop. last thing.... if you have a laptop why can't you run the bike outside while you do what you need with the bike and computer?

You only need the bike running if you are adjusting the fuel and air mixtures or don't have the battrey connector.

Naz