Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007 | 09:36 PM
Razzdad
|
Intermediate
Default New Super Glide

Just brought my new XLD home tonight. My first Harley. I wish someone told me how nice these things were. I'm really impressed by this bike even though I'm still getting used to the control positions, low seat height etc. Coming from dirt bikes and BMW's, there is a lot to get used to. The only options I got were Low Rider handle bars (didn't like the semi buckhorns at all), heated grips. sundowner seat, detachable low sissy bar and SAC luggage. Right now I think the bike is about perfect for me. I wish I tried one of these years ago, would have saved me a lot of money!

ps. I forgot to mention that I already christened it. The side stand is so different than my BMW's that I thought I had it down but it wasn't. Layed 'er right down in the driveway as soon as I got her home. No real damage done, the trans side cover has some road rash and I think I bent the shift lever a bit. Starting to look like one of my dirt bikes already!
Joe

Old 09-06-2007 | 10:11 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: New Super Glide

congrats on the new ride mon. pls post some pics. keep er' upright for sure.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-06-2007 | 11:48 PM
Visionquest
Intermediate

Congrats! Glad the damage wasn't worse.

Old 09-07-2007 | 12:43 AM
evansf_fde
Advanced

Welcome to the club...the Harley club and the one for people who have dropped the bike after they stopped

There is a saying there or those who have dropped thier bike and those that are going to.....

Old 09-07-2007 | 01:26 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on the new ride! Sorry to hear about the mishap in the driveway. Been there, done that. It's called learning. LOL

Old 09-07-2007 | 02:15 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

Congrats on the new ride. I don't mean to burn ya on this but a Superglide is a FXD, not XLD. These younguns, can't take em anywhere. I'm with ya on the dropsies. Done it three times myself. Twice because I **thought** the jiffy was down.

Old 09-07-2007 | 04:27 AM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less

Congradulations on the new bike. I got the jiffy stand extention and no more searching for the stand under the primary.

Old 09-07-2007 | 05:12 AM
noitartsurf
Intermediate

Congrats!! I just rodebrand new 2008 Super Glide, 110 miles home from the dealer today - through howling wind and torrential rain. My first H-D too. Fallen in love. Rides like a dream - shoulda got one years ago!

Have as much fun as me!!

Old 09-07-2007 | 06:28 AM
Razzdad
|
Intermediate

Yea, FXD thatt's it! It was so ironic that the only bike I ever had that was meant to look good is the only bike that I ever dropped (not counting dirt bikes) that I couldn't stop laughing.
Icecaps thanks for the info. I think I'll head to the dealer today!

Old 09-07-2007 | 11:33 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice looking bike. Congratulations to finally coming to the 'other side' (from BMW, dirt bikes). And like somebody said, there are two kinds of Harley riders, those that dropped their bike, and those that haven't........YET

Quick Reply: New Super Glide