Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007 | 05:25 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: New Super Glide

I got a spare trans cover if ya need it.
If ya dropped it becasue you thought the jiffy was down, I would assume you dropped it on the left side which would mean ya scuffed your primary cover. Got one of those to, but with my own little christen on it.Ya can't see it unless your laying under the bike though.

Pm me before you go to the stealer.

Old 09-09-2007 | 05:35 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: JayFromPa

I got a spare trans cover if ya need it.
If ya dropped it becasue you thought the jiffy was down, I would assume you dropped it on the left side which would mean ya scuffed your primary cover. Got one of those to, but with my own little christen on it. Ya can't see it unless your laying under the bike though.

Pm me before you go to the stealer.
Good man JayFromPa! I was also gonna let him know not to go to the dealer for a silver pri cover. I have one too that someone can have in such an event. Who knows I might need it someday too for the same reason! I hope not cause the new one is chrome.

Old 09-09-2007 | 05:45 PM
Dombow77
Tourer

Welcome from New Hampshire, Enjoy the ride, lots of great people here.

Old 09-09-2007 | 06:06 PM
Drat
Road Warrior

Congrats on the new ride and welcome. Ride safe.

Old 09-09-2007 | 08:30 PM
Razzdad
|
Intermediate

Thanks Jay From Pa and devils haircut. I'll be leaving the scuffed cover on to remind me of my stupidity. I installed the HD jiffy stand extension and it makes finding and lowering the jiffy stand MUCH easier. I spent the better part of today installing the HD remote garage door opener. PITA. The instructions say "for 2004 and later Dyna", not even close and no wiring diagram! Well I finally got it sorted out and it's great, flip the high beam on and off and the door opens. Luv it. No more getting off the bike in the morning to close the door. If any one is planning on installing one PM me or email me and I'll give you some tips that may save a few gray hairs. I tried to attach a pic of the bike by following the directions in the FAQ but I keep getting an error that says "There was an error saving file to disk." What the heck am I doing wrong?

Joe

Old 09-09-2007 | 10:07 PM
Patriot Rider
Novice

Good luck with it I got one earlier this year. Yes in the garage mine feel over. So embarassed I couldn't even call my 12 year old daughter from inside the house to help me pick er up! No damage except for the push mower next to it! Great riding luck to ya!
Patriot Rider

[IMG]local://upfiles/27509/E45812D05CD44E39AA1FC1A6E734E9EF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-10-2007 | 10:12 AM
first dyna 07
Road Master

Hey good luck with it . I have a 07 FXD I bought in apirl and I have 3,100 miles on it and it just keeps getting better. Have fun with it , because you only go around once . ( LIVE TO RIDE )

Old 09-10-2007 | 11:02 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master

At least you layed 'er down at home. It could have been in front of a bunch of guys at the local watering hole. Now that you have a Harley, you will have to practice that "COOL" dismount routine, because everyone will be looking just to give you a rash of $hit.

You need something that needed replacement anyway. It will just kickstart the "gotta have" bug and drain you account faster than a drunken 'ho.

Best Wishes & Ride Safe

Old 09-10-2007 | 05:58 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Some of these stories are funny. Maybe it's time to start a "worst situation you dropped your scoot in" thread. Non-moving types of course.

Old 09-10-2007 | 08:03 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy

Congrats man!

I too have a dirt-bike heritage. After 2K mile on my FXDC, I'm as home on it as I was my old Elsinore.

You'll love it for sure!

Quick Reply: New Super Glide