Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wrinkle black powder coat

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 PM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: wrinkle black powder coat

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

hey small parts like that will cost you around 50 bucks if you go to harbor freight or the web site you can order a powder coating gun and then just bake them in your oven! that is what i am going to start doing with little odds and ends. cheap and almost impossible to screw up! just an idea!
I take it you can't do this in the same oven that you cook food in... not that I really eat anything that can't be microwaved, toasted, or eaten out of the can.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:17 PM
powdercoater
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send them to me and I'll have them on their way back to you the next day. I powder coat everything for the local H-D dealer and have the H-D wrinkle black you want. Check out the web site below and look at the pictures on the motorcycle gallery. I'll bet you can't tell what I did, or what came from the factory that way!

Old 09-10-2007, 04:06 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Sintax... i do not see why you can not do it in your home oven... i am going to... when my girl is at work of course! ha ha ha she would go nuts... either that or she would go take parts off her bike for me to do...either way it is more work for me

Old 09-10-2007, 06:50 PM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me know how it turns out. I was told by someone else a while back that the fumes from doing "at home" powder coating were pretty bad. Just a heads up... let me know how it turns out so I can start powder coating everything I own.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
doulos
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: powdercoater

Send them to me and I'll have them on their way back to you the next day. I powder coat everything for the local H-D dealer and have the H-D wrinkle black you want. Check out the web site below and look at the pictures on the motorcycle gallery. I'll bet you can't tell what I did, or what came from the factory that way!
What would it cost to have my forward controls done in wrinkle black? Your work looks great!

Old 09-11-2007, 12:19 PM
powdercoater
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want to assume what parts you want done... you know what happens to people that ***-UME. Not everyone wants each part of an assembly [like forward controls] powder coated, leaving a piece of chrome here and there for accents or just to break up the mass of black or other color. There is a price list on my web site that will give you a sub total. The price list does not include media blasting or powder, but once you give me a complete list of parts I can give you a quote.