Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind Buffeting Solved...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Trout
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wind Buffeting Solved...

ORIGINAL: Tony P

Your luggage rack attached to your rear fender... I bought one just like it and I'm in the market for a bag that attaches securely and looks decent.
The Motherwell rack is pretty small. I don't know of a bag that would attach to the rack alone and still be sturdy. I travel with saddlebags and don't really have anything on the rack when I travel. It's mostly just a fender protector. I have used it to strap on a jacket or other odd stuff. I do have a very small T-Bag that fits over my Mustang backrest and sits on the rack... and again, the rack is just there to protect the paint. My friend used to have a Motherwell on his Sportster and he used one of those (discontinued, but available on eBay) small Harley bags that were designed to attach directly to the Harley detachable solo rack. It worked OK, but it was a little bit too jerry-rigged looking (my opinion).

Old 09-07-2007, 12:12 AM
20LowRider02
Tourer

OMG MY EYES!! WHAT IS THAT THING??!!!

Just kidding, it's ok I guess. Not my style but I'm sure it will keep the wind off of you!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:20 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

Just added a Memphis Fats to my Superglide and have no real buffeting problem. I, like WdGldDave, do have a tool bag on the front forks. I think this windshield is about the best money I've spent so far.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

ORIGINAL: Trout

Your luggage rack attached to your rear fender... I bought one just like it and I'm in the market for a bag that attaches securely and looks decent.
The Motherwell rack is pretty small. I don't know of a bag that would attach to the rack alone and still be sturdy. I travel with saddlebags and don't really have anything on the rack when I travel. It's mostly just a fender protector. I have used it to strap on a jacket or other odd stuff. I do have a very small T-Bag that fits over my Mustang backrest and sits on the rack... and again, the rack is just there to protect the paint. My friend used to have a Motherwell on his Sportster and he used one of those (discontinued, but available on eBay) small Harley bags that were designed to attach directly to the Harley detachable solo rack. It worked OK, but it was a little bit too jerry-rigged looking (my opinion).
Trout, how are your saddlebags mounted?

Old 09-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Trout
Cruiser

Trout, how are your saddlebags mounted?
BareBacks.http://www.cyclevisions.com/barebacks.html They are awesome. They sell for about $140, but I got a set for half price on the clearance table at my local Harley dealer. They are easy off and on and do not rattle like some complain about ghost brackets and easy brackets. I've used them on 3 or 4 trips now. It's very nice to be able to unhook and carry the bags into the Motel room like suitcases... while my friend is unpacking his bags on his Road King.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Trout, that's a cool system! I may have to order a set.