Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDX The Tail of the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old Today | 12:04 PM
Tommy B
Tourer
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by garystaven88
81 was rough… it was either right lane doing 50 behind all the semis or 80 in the left lane. I chose the left lane for the majority!
Agreed, I-81 is rough, the road’s not great and lots of semi’s. I would share this anecdote, however. A couple of years ago I was returning from a tour of some of the terrific motorcycle roads in western NC/eastern TN, including the TOTD, up I-81 a bit north of Roanoke when traffic came to an abrupt halt. Being on a bike I was able to get to the front of the line where a semi had apparently lost control and crashed, leaving the trailer on its side and a bunch of debris strewn across the road. It had just happened so there were no police or emergency vehicles on the scene yet, and the truck driver was unharmed and inspecting the damage, with a few other people milling about. I was able to pick my way through the debris and get beyond the accident. For the next 30 miles or so I was the only vehicle on the road, nothing in front or behind. And pretty light the rest of the way up to Martinsburg. It was GLORIOUS!