Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Glide or Fat Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:12 AM
theSpartan
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Glide or Fat Bob?

Hello,
which you consider better, Super Glide or Fat Bob?
considering value for money, does Fat Bob worth the difference in the price?
are they equally good in riding / handling?

Old 09-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Super Glide or Fat Bob?

I doubt many - if any - have ridden a Fat Bob yet. I saved for years to buy a Fat boy because I loved the look, the big tires, and the solid wheels. When I had the cash, I rode one and didn't like the handling at all. I bought my Wide Glide instead and have never looked back. I prefer the rear suspension and handling over any softail I've ridden.

The Super Glide is a good value and a nice reasonably clean slate upon which you can customize to your own tastes. The Fat Bob may be the perfect compromise. You get the same big V Twin motor, overstated wheels and tires and a unique, VRod style exhaust, and the (in my opinion) superior handling of the Dyna suspension. I wonder if any of the HD windscreens will fit over the twin headlights.

Not much help for your question I suppose, but those are my opinions nonetheless. LEt us know what you choose.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:14 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know how you can go wrong with the price of the Super Glide Custom in 08 if you plan on adding chrome. It has chome all over and its priced to sell in my opinion. About theFatBob,I suspectthat it maybe a differnt animal than the typical dyna.Isuspect that the Fat Bob with its large tires will handle a bit different if not considerably different than a typical Dyna, but that is just speculation.In my opinion the fat bob is the missing link in between the Dyna line and the Softail line.

Good luck,

Tom/054

Old 09-02-2007, 12:26 PM
lone rider
Tourer

Neither! It has to be StreetBob or Wide Glide.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:57 PM
crock921
Road Captain

go with the fat bob. they are new bikes which means there are very few on the market. if you want to sell it at any time over the next couple of years, you will be able to get more money because there will not be 5 year old models floating around low-balling you.

also, i like the look of a fat bob over any other dyna model

Old 09-02-2007, 09:44 PM
tdegroot
Cruiser

I saw a review on the fat bob (don't remember exactly where). A comment was that the sidewalls flex more in the curves because of the fatter front tire and the handling is not as quick as the other dynas. I liked the look of the dual headlamps but I'm not fond of the bobtail fender. I just got a 08 superglide custom 105th aniversary (I liked the copper and black). I had a 05 XL1200R that was replaced with the superglide and I couldn't be happier.