Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any idea what these bikes are worth?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 08:22 AM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,724 Likes on 4,717 Posts

The bike won`t sell because the price is too high.

It doesn`t matter if it is a motorcycle, car, boat, dumpster...If the price is right, it will sell right away.

Old 06-21-2024, 03:31 PM
ramu3527
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny94945
Looks like to OP posted this thread one month ago.
Is the bike still for sale?

There may be two "take aways" from this thread are:
1) Best advice, lower the price by $500 each month until sold.
2) OP said he'll keep it (see post # 29) as there may be hesitation to lower the price any further.

FWIW, inflation does not seem to be reflected in this particular bike sale; it is depreciating still. Yes disposable income may be limited. Yes it may be a buyers market.
Another co-member wrote, "be glad it is not a boat" LOL. I dread what I would be offered for my Sportster

GLWS.
Yep! Still for sale. I've lowered the price considerably (I'll admit, I was asking too much initially). I'm about at my limit at this point. Fact is, aside from one gentleman, there hasn't been any legitimate interest at all. But all over I'm seeing similar bikes with less amenities priced higher. To be fair, I don't know if they're selling either...lol

Old 06-21-2024, 03:33 PM
ramu3527
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
From the sound of some of your replies you aren't budging on your price ... The old adage 'There is an a$$ for every seat" may apply ... You haven't found one yet ... You can keep looking or realize that the frustration involved isn't worth the time and money ... Take what you can get ( if have actually received an offer ) and use the money for other enjoyments ... GLWS
I have budged considerably actually. Though I understand and agree with what you're saying, there is a limit. I'm about there.

The following 2 users liked this post by ramu3527:
hattitude (06-23-2024), Uncle Larry (06-22-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 10:46 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,796 Likes on 4,196 Posts

The used bike market has gotten worse just in the time this thread has been posted.

I too have a bike for sale, asking below JD Power average retail at first, now my asking price is above JD Power average retail. I adjusted the price again, still no interest.

In two months of advertising, I got one cash offer for 30% less than asking price, an offer to trade for a "vintage" checvy pick-up truck, and an offer to trade for an older BMW...

Luckily, I don't need to sell, I was just thinking of swapping this one bike for another bike, different model.

In fact, during the last two months while my bike was for sale, I was watching the model of bike I was interested in, advertised on a national site. There was very little movement, the same bikes at the same prices (higher than I would pay). As I saw the asking prices drop (some around $14K, many in the $12K area) and get near $10K asking price (or below), they would then disappear from the ad site. it seems $9-$1ok is the magic number for that bike...

There were about 23 for sale, of the years/model I was looking for advertised across the country. Two days ago, I looked for the first time in 5 days, and only two were still advertised for sale...! I'm pretty sure 21 bikes, all advertised for at least a couple weeks, didn't sell within 5 days... I suspect many sellers are pulling their ads, deciding to keep their bikes or wait until prices (read the economy) gets better...

I'll be pulling my ad shortly, because I have a big M/C trip planned, and won't be around to handle any interest (he said with great anticipation ).

I'll just keep the bikes I have now, and make changes to my "collection" at a later date if things improve in the used market....

Last edited by hattitude; 06-23-2024 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-23-2024, 04:53 PM
ramu3527
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hattitude
The used bike market has gotten worse just in the time this thread has been posted.

I too have a bike for sale, asking below JD Power average retail at first, now my asking price is above JD Power average retail. I adjusted the price again, still no interest.

In two months of advertising, I got one cash offer for 30% less than asking price, an offer to trade for a "vintage" checvy pick-up truck, and an offer to trade for an older BMW...

Luckily, I don't need to sell, I was just thinking of swapping this one bike for another bike, different model.

In fact, during the last two months while my bike was for sale, I was watching the model of bike I was interested in, advertised on a national site. There was very little movement, the same bikes at the same prices (higher than I would pay). As I saw the asking prices drop (some around $14K, many in the $12K area) and get near $10K asking price (or below), they would then disappear from the ad site. it seems $9-$1ok is the magic number for that bike...

There were about 23 for sale, of the years/model I was looking for advertised across the country. Two days ago, I looked for the first time in 5 days, and only two were still advertised for sale...! I'm pretty sure 21 bikes, all advertised for at least a couple weeks, didn't sell within 5 days... I suspect many sellers are pulling their ads, deciding to keep their bikes or wait until prices (read the economy) gets better...

I'll be pulling my ad shortly, because I have a big M/C trip planned, and won't be around to handle any interest (he said with great anticipation ).

I'll just keep the bikes I have now, and make changes to my "collection" at a later date if things improve in the used market....
It looks like I'm in the same boat. As far as selling the spare bike I have in the garage anyway...

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 05:01 PM
Rusty Springs
Road Captain
Received 472 Likes on 275 Posts

Me too. I have a Dyna that I don't ride enough but I'm not selling it in this market. Maybe we'll get another Sons of Anarchy type show that makes everyone want to be a biker and buy motorcycles.

ramu3527 (06-24-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 05:35 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,551 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny94945
Looks like to OP posted this thread one month ago.
Is the bike still for sale?

There may be two "take aways" from this thread are:
1) Best advice, lower the price by $500 each month until sold.
2) OP said he'll keep it (see post # 29) as there may be hesitation to lower the price any further.

FWIW, inflation does not seem to be reflected in this particular bike sale; it is depreciating still. Yes disposable income may be limited. Yes it may be a buyers market.
Another co-member wrote, "be glad it is not a boat" LOL. I dread what I would be offered for my Sportster

GLWS.
That's what I did with the 2012 FXDC I was selling, lowered the price 500 bucks at a time. I think that the 37,000 miles were a big stumbling block. Started at $7,500, then $7,000, then $6,500 with no serious interest at all. Got to $6,000 and the buyers came out of the woodwork. Sold it the next day to a 22 year old former Sportster 883 rider.

OP: GLWS.

It's gone.

Old 06-27-2024, 01:08 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,738 Likes on 5,863 Posts

Sorry to tell you but around here thats a $5000 bike. You might get $6000 if you found the right buyer. Its a tough time to sell a bike right now.

If you really need to get $6500 hang on to it and see if things get better. Afterall, there's an election coming up...

ramu3527 (06-28-2024)