Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any idea what these bikes are worth?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2024, 11:05 AM
ramu3527
Road Captain
Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by south69
Not sure what the market looks like where are located but over here in PA/OH/WV area hate to say it but I max price I would bet someone would be willing to pay would be around 6k. I regularly see dynas in deep WV for 5-6k listed and bet some are willing to negotiate.. Just my 2 cents. Dont shoot the messsenger.
Where are these bikes for 5K? What condition are they in? How many miles do they have on them? I call BS! Show me these bikes. I just checked CL and Cycletrader in that area and saw nothing comparable to my bikes anywhere near 5K, or even 6! I'd put mine up against any one of those bikes considering model year, condition, accessories, upgrades and price. And I'm willing to consider offers!

Look, I know the upgrades I did to the bike were for me and not the next owner. I don't expect anyone to pay for my enjoyment of the past. But, the cliche that 'all the upgrades don't mean anything to a potential buyer' is old news, worn out ****. If I was trying to get what I have into the bike I'd be at like 18K!! lol

That said, I know these items and upgrades have to be worth something! If anyone tells you a 2009 FXDC with all the listed accessories and the stage 2 upgrade is worth the same as a stock 2009 FXDC with no accessories and no upgrade, they're full of ****. Everyone and their brother (or sister, or whatever they identify as these days...) knows we upgrade these bikes the second we get our hands on them. And, I get that some want a stocker so they can do it all themselves, but I also know some (like me, and many I've known) want a bike that's ready to go at day of sale.

Again, so I'm to believe all these dealers that are thousands higher than what I'm asking are just sitting on these bikes hoping Trump gets back into office or some **** like that? lol

If somebody offered me $6500 I'd jump all over it!

UGH!!! LMAO

Old 05-27-2024, 09:34 PM
south69
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ramu3527
Where are these bikes for 5K? What condition are they in? How many miles do they have on them? I call BS! Show me these bikes. I just checked CL and Cycletrader in that area and saw nothing comparable to my bikes anywhere near 5K, or even 6! I'd put mine up against any one of those bikes considering model year, condition, accessories, upgrades and price. And I'm willing to consider offers!

Look, I know the upgrades I did to the bike were for me and not the next owner. I don't expect anyone to pay for my enjoyment of the past. But, the cliche that 'all the upgrades don't mean anything to a potential buyer' is old news, worn out ****. If I was trying to get what I have into the bike I'd be at like 18K!! lol

That said, I know these items and upgrades have to be worth something! If anyone tells you a 2009 FXDC with all the listed accessories and the stage 2 upgrade is worth the same as a stock 2009 FXDC with no accessories and no upgrade, they're full of ****. Everyone and their brother (or sister, or whatever they identify as these days...) knows we upgrade these bikes the second we get our hands on them. And, I get that some want a stocker so they can do it all themselves, but I also know some (like me, and many I've known) want a bike that's ready to go at day of sale.

Again, so I'm to believe all these dealers that are thousands higher than what I'm asking are just sitting on these bikes hoping Trump gets back into office or some **** like that? lol

If somebody offered me $6500 I'd jump all over it!

UGH!!! LMAO
Not sure what to tell you man. Just telling you what I see on Facebook in my area in a radius. You been trying to sell it for almost 2 years it seems. Just being real with you. Maybe try to sell your "upgrades" seperatly and try to get as much money as you can for em and put the stock stuff back on and list the bike for 6k..? That is why I keep all my stock take offs and throw em in the garage attic. Like I said, not trying to come off douchey but it is what it is, especially in this economy.

Old 05-27-2024, 10:04 PM
redfin00
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Good looking bike!

Old 05-27-2024, 10:28 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,717 Likes on 2,130 Posts

In the current economic climate it is for sure a buyers market. Having it up for sale for 2 years and no bites tells you one thing, it is priced too high. Now if you can afford to sit on it for some time until the economy improves that may work to your advantage but if you are desperate to sell it you may need to just take a blow on the chin and put a price on it that will attract buyers attention.

Old 05-28-2024, 01:34 PM
ramu3527
Road Captain

I can't say I have any argument. The bike is still sitting in my garage after all. It's not the money. I just need it gone. I don't ride it much anymore.

This bike, with all it's got going for it would be a GIFT at $6000. I can't believe there is nobody...

Old 05-28-2024, 01:47 PM
ramu3527
Road Captain

I'll add this pic to the for sale posting but...

Old 05-28-2024, 03:16 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,263 Likes on 4,437 Posts

Selling a bike isn't rocket science. Both buyers and sellers are limited by the market conditions at the time the bike is being offered for sale.

During the pandemic, people were getting insanely stupid prices for their used bikes... That gravy train is over..

It's currently a buyer's market. Especially in a buyer's market, you are seeing first hand that extras mean nothing, unless the potential buyer would be doing the exact same upgrades. Age, mileage, and/or options will limit the pool of potential buyers interested in any make/model....

Buyers also often shy away from engine mods. I always do engine mods. Mods don't scare me, but on the used bikes I have purchased, I buy them OEM and do the mods myself. I'm not afraid of engine mods, but I don't trust how others have modded their bikes. Just read this forum. There are many, IMHO, who cut corners on their mods. I'd rather do them myself.

JD Power rates it about $2K higher, but here is Black Book Powersports appraisal of your bike's value:

Year: 2009
Make: Harley-Davidson
Model: FXDC Dyna SG Custom
Model Type: Cruiser
Displacement: 1584
Cylinders: 2
VIN: 1HD1GV419
Finance Advance: $5,020
MSRP: $12,999
Avg Retail: $5,435
Auction Wholesale $4,435
Clean Trade: $4,345
Fair Trade: $4,005

Your bike certainly looks like it is $600 above Black Book's average retail, and your asking price is below JD Power's average retail... but it is a 15 year old bike. Someone will need cash for the sale. Few places will finance a 16 year old bike at an acceptable rate, if at all.

What you are experiencing is that your bike, in today's market, isn't worth what you are asking to someone with $6500 cash in their pocket to buy a used Harley. More a reflection of the times (unsure economy, high gas prices, high insurance rates, etc, etc) rather than a statement about your bike. You can't take it personal.

If you NEED to have it gone, you will NEED to lower the price.... until someone makes an offer...

I am also selling one of my bikes. Mine is 7 years newer (easier to finance), also priced below JD Power average retail, and a little bit above Black Book's average retail value. It is in excellent condition, and mostly OEM. I'm not getting much interest on it. I know what I will sell it for, and will keep it if I can't get that amount... It doesn't offend me that no one is begging me to sell them my bike. It's a sign of the current market...

If I HAD to sell, then every month or two I would be dropping the price $500, to see if I could generate an offer... Luckily I don't need to sell, and won't cry if I have to keep the bike.

Good luck with your sale...

Last edited by hattitude; 05-28-2024 at 05:14 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by hattitude:
Buelligan666 (05-28-2024), Paintslinger16 (05-28-2024), tar_snake (05-29-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 04:04 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,717 Likes on 2,130 Posts

I can't say I have any argument. The bike is still sitting in my garage after all. It's not the money. I just need it gone. I don't ride it much anymore.

This bike, with all it's got going for it would be a GIFT at $6000. I can't believe there is nobody...
Still a used bike is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. If you really want it gone you just may have to start the price at 6 grand and keep dropping the price every couple weeks until you start to get some bites, plus after about the end of August if it is not sold you will most likely have to try again next spring with the bike another year older.
As others have said it will have to be a cash buyer as no finance company will likely make a loan for a 15 year old bike.

Old 05-28-2024, 04:09 PM
ramu3527
Road Captain

Well, again, I know I was high originally, but I've dropped the price considerably and would move A TAD more to get the sale done. Other than that, f*ck em! I'll keep the thing till things change. If I die with it, so be it! grumble grumble....lol

Old 05-28-2024, 08:08 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 871 Likes on 618 Posts

Almost 6 years ago I paid $6300 for a 2007 (11 years old at the time) Low Rider with 10,600 miles on it. It was equipped surprisingly similarly to yours...

Ironically, mine now has relocated front turn signals and laid back license plate...

Last edited by John CC; 05-28-2024 at 08:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Any idea what these bikes are worth?!!!