Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softail wheel on dyna

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007 | 01:05 AM
treeextractor
|
Cruiser
Default softail wheel on dyna

Plan on puting on a stock 6" softail for my 07super. Anyone try install hubs? My parts guy said it would work.

Old 09-05-2007 | 05:25 AM
dazza
Advanced
Default RE: softail wheel on dyna

Hi mate, I asked Pikes Peak HD and the info I got is that it wont fit however going by a previous thread by Handler (i think) who did an aftermarket conversion there would appear to be a chance that it may be feasable. I want to do the same as you so I am looking into it further and will let you know

Old 09-06-2007 | 12:35 AM
treeextractor
|
Cruiser

I willbe ordering the wheel and hub kit conversionshortly. The parts guy working the countersaid he would do the install for me at his shop. I will post the kit/parts for this. He has done a few other mods for me in the past that I wantedwhich turnedout great.

Old 09-13-2007 | 12:32 AM
dazza
Advanced

Hey all, spoke to a HD customising shop today here in Australia that have done this mod with no problems. They installed a 200 stock 07 night train wheel in an 07 wideglide with the only issue being spacer size. They are sending me spacer sizes for that mod to pass on so I will be sticking one in my lowrider

Old 09-13-2007 | 12:40 AM
treeextractor
|
Cruiser

Dazza, can you pm me with the spacer size. I currently have the wheel and hub but need the spacer. Great job networking this!

Old 09-13-2007 | 01:58 AM
BACA MICK
Advanced

ive seen it on a bob and it looks good , SHE said it was a peice of ****, SHE used flat speaker wire outa car shop to solve blinker wire issue, been trying to get 1 of ebay 4 ages , yer im as tight as a fish

Old 09-13-2007 | 02:59 AM
dazza
Advanced

As soon as I get it treeextractor I will let you know, I spoke to the guy that did the conversion and he said its just a matter of getting the wheel on the axle making sure the caliper is positioned properly then measure the spacer size. I got myself a laser that sits onthe pulley so you can shine it on the belt as well to make sure all is running true when you spin the wheel. I installed the docking kit as mentioned in handlers thread so hopefully it shouldnt be all that hard once spacing issues, blinker wiring etc are resolved.

Old 09-13-2007 | 03:31 AM
stix68
Cruiser

Nice work on the info dazza.
Would like to know the specs as well, was just about to pull the trigga on a 18 x 5.5 from the states. Keep us in the loop mate.
Can ya tell me what shop ya spoke to.
All the best.
Stix.

Old 09-13-2007 | 03:41 AM
dazza
Advanced

gidday stix, I am in WA to mate-I spoke to Simon at Heavy Duty Motorcycles just this morning, a really helpful guy. If you need there contact info I can send it. Are you a Bob Barrett fan to?

Old 09-13-2007 | 03:59 AM
stix68
Cruiser

No worries, thanx.
Have had a little bit to do with HD M/C, good guys for sure.
Bob Barret??? No fugg'n idea mate.
Cheers.

Quick Reply: softail wheel on dyna