Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Quick Release Windshield - DOes it leave any marks on the forks once it is removed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 10:44 AM
tsayles1
|
Advanced
Default HD Quick Release Windshield - DOes it leave any marks on the forks once it is removed?

I was wonderring if the windshield scars the fork tubes at all once it is removed.

Old 08-29-2007 | 10:48 AM
Ronbaci
Cruiser
Default RE: HD Quick Release Windshield - DOes it leave any marks on the forks once it is removed?

Yes.

Old 08-29-2007 | 10:50 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: HD Quick Release Windshield - DOes it leave any marks on the forks once it is removed?

the clamps havethinrubber cushions but it does leave some rubmarks.

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:04 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

Yes, it does leave a mark. I had my new ones on for 4 day, about 350 miles. When I took it off there were marks that came off easily. The mounts have a rubber cusion that leave the mark.

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:06 AM
Ronbaci
Cruiser

Hmmmmmmmm. The dealer must have forgotton to include mine. I was wondering if there wasn't supposed to be some when I purchased the windshield with the bike. I have some minor scars on my tubes that won't rub out now but I will go look for some rubber pads for it. Thanks.

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:12 AM
kevenak
Intermediate

I don't think Harley sells the plastic/rubber seals unless you buy the clamps, in which case they just don't sell clamps one-at-a-time. (its a racket). I used a bicycle inner tube and cut out a slice of the tubing and placed in the inner part of the clamp and works fine. When the shield is on, you dont notice at all. (this for the guy with out the rubber molding for the clamps.)

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:26 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Ronbaci

Hmmmmmmmm. The dealer must have forgotton to include mine. I was wondering if there wasn't supposed to be some when I purchased the windshield with the bike. I have some minor scars on my tubes that won't rub out now but I will go look for some rubber pads for it. Thanks.
They weren't extrra things in the box, the rubber cushions were attached to the clamps out of the box.

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:35 AM
KSBOBBER
3rd Gear

Mine leave marks, but like everyone else, they rub right off. As far as extra clams, I broke a clamp about a month after I purchased the windshield and had to get a new clamp. They do sell them individually. FYI the dealer paid for the new clamp.

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:52 PM
tsayles1
|
Advanced

So it sounds like the rub marks come off and leave no premanent makrs on the forks if you have the clamps with the rubber protectors. Sound about right?

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:56 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: tsayles1

So it sounds like the rub marks come off and leave no premanent makrs on the forks if you have the clamps with the rubber protectors. Sound about right?
[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Quick Reply: HD Quick Release Windshield - DOes it leave any marks on the forks once it is removed?