Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Bare Bones for 06+ Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Original Junior
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LePera Bare Bones for 06+ Dyna

I like the brawler, and as mentioned earlier, I have put 1500+ miles on it in ~3 days. I love the looks of the bare bones. It's a bit leaner, lower,and sleeker than the brawler. It also seems that it will allow me to slide my **** back a little more than the brawler does. I find myself sitting on the back lip of the brawler on longer runs. The bare bones does not look to have that lip/back support the brawler has. I'm about 6'2" and most of it is in my legs. I could use that extra inch of stretch room. I was looking at the silhouette on their site and it looks similar. I can't really tell the difference but I believe the bare bones is lower. Any experiences out their between the two? How does the C&C low compare to the bare bones?

Old 08-29-2007, 03:42 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Lepera Bare Bones. This thread suremotivated metowards spending my money let me tell you. I really only needed a little pursuasion any way =).The seatlooks great. From what I gather it is certianly isNOT designed for comfort so I know that up front.If it pains me to use it I will surely let someone take it off my hands after a few short miles, at a slight discount of course. I'll post my review in a week or soafter I receive it and take it on a few rides. Thanks for posting the thread Original Junior, and for all the other info guys.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Sinner
Advanced

I just installed the barebones on my 07bob about a week or so ago ... I love it ... I actually find it as comphy as the stock seat ... but im used to hard seats from previous rides ...

I love the way it looks ... and a big factor for was dropping me down (not because I couldn't touch) ... I just love the looks of super low slung bikes. I already had the 11" progressive ... and the barebones just added alot more to the element. Also a plus (for me) that it made my bars higher (you know what I mean) ...

If no-one wants to wait for le peras 3 week ship date waits ... I ordered mine from J&P and had it in 3 days ...

Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: ZeroFiveFour

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Lepera Bare Bones. This thread suremotivated metowards spending my money let me tell you. I really only needed a little pursuasion any way =).The seatlooks great. From what I gather it is certianly isNOT designed for comfort so I know that up front.If it pains me to use it I will surely let someone take it off my hands after a few short miles, at a slight discount of course. I'll post my review in a week or soafter I receive it and take it on a few rides. Thanks for posting the thread Original Junior, and for all the other info guys.
My pleasure buddy. Where did you find the good price on them? Did you get it in leather or vinyl? Thanks.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:32 AM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My buddy has a bare bones on his lowrider. We rode 1500 miles in 5 days around Sturgis and he seemed to walk fine when he got off the bike. Granted, he was ready to get off but who wouldn't.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:17 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Original Junior

ORIGINAL: ZeroFiveFour

My pleasure buddy. Where did you find the good price on them? Did you get it in leather or vinyl? Thanks.
I got it from American Classic Motors in PA fromthere Ebay store.
I am assuming its the vinyl version. They are going for 149.00 and shipping at 12.75.
I think that's a decent price.It was cheaper than either the brawler or the C and C.Only 3 left at the moment by the way. =)

Here is a quick link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEPER...mZ140151470879

Tom/054

Old 08-30-2007, 03:36 PM
black dyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good looking bar hopper seat .
as long as the bars are not to far

Old 08-30-2007, 03:46 PM
06 lowrider
Cruiser

Bare bones .....Not for every1.... It looks good but its only good for around town or short trips i did a 240 round trip with it and it wasnt good for my %$^^on the final stretch. But it looks good
steve

[IMG]local://upfiles/33499/4029C1577D9341FF966B047F53F6AE74.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

Steve, that seat looks great on your low. The fact that you say it's not the most comfortable still does not sway me from how good it looks on the Dyna. I saw LePera has distressed leather covers for their seats. I bet a distressed black leather bare bones would look awesome. Only if money grew on trees[&o].

Old 09-04-2007, 06:36 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior

Ireceived the Lepera Bare Bones seat today. It looksincredible on the bike.
It looks better than Iexpected. It is a high quality seat for sure. It has a much nicer finish than the stock seat.

It lowers me about 1.5 inches, and a maybe an inch or two back, which is really nice.
I rode it for a short5 mile ride after workand it didn't kill my backside. I will take it for its extended ride, maybe 50 miles or so,on the weekend weather permitting.

If your still debating on getting this seat... I can only say good things about it.

Tom

Quick Reply: LePera Bare Bones for 06+ Dyna