Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2024 | 09:40 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Graham UK
We had that for weeks: the rain would wash the salt away and then, whenever it stopped raining, the temperature would drop and salt would be put on the roads again; all very frustrating. However, I finally managed a proper 5 1/2 hour ride on Sunday with friends. But there has been so much rain that, on many occasions, we had to ride through standing water on the roads, and the bike is filthy. I gave it a basic clean yesterday, but I need to do more of that today. At least a good long ride has made that worthwhile.
That happened in my area a few times. However, the roads are now clean. But a week long cold front moved in. Hoping to get my LR out for the first ride of 2024 later this week.

The following users liked this post:
Graham UK (03-25-2024)
Old 03-24-2024 | 09:44 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
Same thing in NE PA. This was a pic on the way home tonight, more salt. I need to ride so bad.

We are in the same boat. The salt has been washed away but the cold is stopping me from getting out. I should be off work Thurs or Fri and hope to ride then.

Old 03-24-2024 | 09:54 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by John CC
Ah, the memories... Just across the river from Port Jervis, where the drinking age was 18 in the 1960's...
Drinking age was still 18 in WI when I turned 18 in 1984.

Old 03-30-2024 | 02:25 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Finally got out for my first ride of 2024. Plenty of nice rains over the last month and roads were real clean. Stopped in at my local HD dealer and made an appointment for Thurs (45K service). Looked at the bikes on the showroom floor. Plenty of bikes for sale.

Graham UK (03-31-2024)
Old 04-01-2024 | 03:21 PM
ucbruce
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Finally got out for my first ride of 2024. Plenty of nice rains over the last month and roads were real clean. Stopped in at my local HD dealer and made an appointment for Thurs (45K service). Looked at the bikes on the showroom floor. Plenty of bikes for sale.
Of course there are...did you notice the prices? Most dealers don't put the prices on the bikes anymore. They're afraid people will have a heart attack before they land on a bike! Whoever thought a "dresser" would be over $50K???

Ikelove (04-02-2024)
Old 04-02-2024 | 10:28 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ucbruce
Of course there are...did you notice the prices? Most dealers don't put the prices on the bikes anymore. They're afraid people will have a heart attack before they land on a bike! Whoever thought a "dresser" would be over $50K???
As soon as I even got close to the bikes on the showroom floor salesman were moving on me. I am in no hurry to buy a new bike. Will not play the "I am so lucky you are willing to sell me a bike" game.

Old 04-04-2024 | 12:07 PM
ucbruce
Tourer

As soon as I even got close to the bikes on the showroom floor salesman were moving on me. I am in no hurry to buy a new bike. Will not play the "I am so lucky you are willing to sell me a bike" game.
That's hilarious. I'm doing everything I can to keep my bikes in tiptop shape. I don't want to buy another bike...ever, if possible, unless I go to a trike of some kind. I've heard you can find good deals on pre-owned, low mileage Tri-Glides, because people just don't use them that much. My Dyna only has 22K miles, and I just completely rebuilt the bottom end on my Stage IV Bagger, at 47,000 miles. Those high lobe cams just tore up my lifters, so we replaced the lifters, SE 259E cam, all new bearings, and most importantly a billet cam retention plate, with a high flow oil pump. What a difference! That was $1,000 alone, but the oil pressure goes up and down, depending on load, and the oil runs cooler, engine runs cooler, and I get a little more HP & TQ. By staying with the same cam, I avoided having to buy a new tuner and retune the bike, which would have been around $1,000 right there...I couldn't use my old SE Super Tuner Pro, as Harley hasn't updated the software since 2016....

Ikelove (04-10-2024)
Old 04-05-2024 | 12:44 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Originally Posted by ucbruce
I've heard you can find good deals on pre-owned, low mileage Tri-Glides, because people just don't use them that much.
My local dealer can't keep them in stock, most of the time they sell before they get to the sales floor.

Ikelove (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024 | 10:23 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

The current LR S is also catching my attention. Wonder what changes may be coming for 2025? Have to reschedule my 45K service for sometime next week. Still love my Dyna LR. Debating whether it is time to get something new next year.

Old 04-11-2024 | 07:31 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

The current LR S is also catching my attention. Wonder what changes may be coming for 2025? Have to reschedule my 45K service for sometime next week. Still love my Dyna LR. Debating whether it is time to get something new next year.
I'm tempted as well, but I like the dual gauges on the tank vs the current setup. At the rate I'm going I'm sure I'll trade mine in sooner or later for a newer model.

Ikelove (04-12-2024)

Quick Reply: 2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S