Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2024 | 07:03 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
I've actually backed off a bit from the Fat Boy and am looking at an 18/19 Low Rider (non-S/ST), with a 107. A set of tires for the FB runs almost $600, just for the rubber. As cool as the FB 114 is, it may be a little too much for me. Decisions, decisions. I definitely want ABS, whatever I get.
Did you find one?

Old 08-01-2024 | 07:06 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Did you find one?
I couldn't find a Low Rider to my liking with ABS. Surprisingly (to me) that most don't have ABS. I ended up zeroing in on a 2022 Fat Boy 114. It's a private sale, and I'm hoping we can do the deal in the next week or so. Waiting on the seller to get his lien release. I still look at pics of my Dyna and I get a little emotional!! We spent a lot of time together.

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (08-04-2024)
Old 08-02-2024 | 12:19 PM
ucbruce
Tourer

I couldn't find a Low Rider to my liking with ABS. Surprisingly (to me) that most don't have ABS. I ended up zeroing in on a 2022 Fat Boy 114. It's a private sale, and I'm hoping we can do the deal in the next week or so. Waiting on the seller to get his lien release. I still look at pics of my Dyna and I get a little emotional!! We spent a lot of time together.
Luckily mine does, and I wasn't even looking for ABS, because I was so excited by having a LR with the 103 & dual discs up front, lol. Tires have gotten really expensive, and you're going to be paying through the nose no matter what bike you buy...lots of luck with whatever you decide...

The following 3 users liked this post by ucbruce:
Bluesrider.df (08-04-2024), Graham UK (08-04-2024), Ikelove (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024 | 02:43 AM
Graham UK
Tourer

Just returned from five days touring Yorkshire and the Lake District with three friends. Lots of slow little roads so only 876 miles in total, but wonderful scenery and it only rained at night so we didn't need our waterproofs. At around 43k this bike continues to deliver.

Last edited by Graham UK; 08-04-2024 at 02:44 AM.
Ikelove (08-04-2024)
Old 08-18-2024 | 03:28 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Cool weather returns and I can resume riding to work. Just hit a bit over 46K miles.

Graham UK (08-19-2024)
Old 08-30-2024 | 12:30 PM
Graham UK
Tourer

I've owned my Low Rider longer than any other bike I've had; done many miles and made lots of memories and friends. I thought I'd be keeping it until it completely failed. That said, with the deteriorating state of roads in UK I'd sometimes wondered about some kind of adventure bike, but nothing seemed either right or affordable or attractive. But then an affordable, low mileage, three year old Moto Guzzi V85TT turned up and, having taken it for a test ride, I agreed to trade in the Harley for it. My only sadness was the poor trade in price on the Harley, so I asked around and just today the current European president of God Squad purchased it from me, at below market value (he couldn't have afforded it otherwise, so he's happy), but above the trade in price I'd been offered (so I'm happy). I pick up the Guzzi on Tuesday. The picture is of the new owner with the bike (he's keeping his Street Bob which he's had for years and has covered 160,000 miles! He does his own spannering, and has changed the cam chain tensioners a few times, just to be safe).

So, it's farewell from me on this forum. I've really appreciated the friendship, encouragement and help I've received here. Thank you all. Bike safe and may the Lord bless and keep you on the road ahead.

Ikelove (Yesterday)
Old 08-30-2024 | 12:38 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Graham, I've always enjoyed your posts. All the best with the new ride!
I thought I would have my FXDL forever, but that deer had other plans. I got me a 2022 Fat Boy 114, she's amazing.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bluesrider.df:
Chicago Ken (08-30-2024), Graham UK (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024 | 01:40 PM
Graham UK
Tourer

Graham, I've always enjoyed your posts. All the best with the new ride!
I thought I would have my FXDL forever, but that deer had other plans. I got me a 2022 Fat Boy 114, she's amazing.
Thank you. Your new bike looks great!

Old 09-01-2024 | 03:02 PM
ucbruce
Tourer

Originally Posted by Graham UK
I've owned my Low Rider longer than any other bike I've had; done many miles and made lots of memories and friends. I thought I'd be keeping it until it completely failed. That said, with the deteriorating state of roads in UK I'd sometimes wondered about some kind of adventure bike, but nothing seemed either right or affordable or attractive. But then an affordable, low mileage, three year old Moto Guzzi V85TT turned up and, having taken it for a test ride, I agreed to trade in the Harley for it. My only sadness was the poor trade in price on the Harley, so I asked around and just today the current European president of God Squad purchased it from me, at below market value (he couldn't have afforded it otherwise, so he's happy), but above the trade in price I'd been offered (so I'm happy). I pick up the Guzzi on Tuesday. The picture is of the new owner with the bike (he's keeping his Street Bob which he's had for years and has covered 160,000 miles! He does his own spannering, and has changed the cam chain tensioners a few times, just to be safe).

So, it's farewell from me on this forum. I've really appreciated the friendship, encouragement and help I've received here. Thank you all. Bike safe and may the Lord bless and keep you on the road ahead.
Cheerio and good luck with the Guzzi. It's a shame that those in power in the UK have plenty of money for all the migrants, but are letting their roads fall into disrepair...

Graham UK (09-01-2024)
Old 09-01-2024 | 03:40 PM
Graham UK
Tourer

Originally Posted by ucbruce
Cheerio and good luck with the Guzzi. It's a shame that those in power in the UK have plenty of money for all the migrants, but are letting their roads fall into disrepair...
Thank you! And God bless you on the road ahead.

Quick Reply: 2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S