Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2024 | 11:57 AM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

46 years of riding and blessed to not have hit a deer. I stopped riding at night about 25 years ago.

Old 06-16-2024 | 12:50 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

You are fortunate my friend. Unfortunately I found out yesterday that my bike will be totaled. I'm sad. I can't think of another material thing that has brought me so much joy.
RIP my old friend

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (06-19-2024)
Old 06-18-2024 | 12:01 PM
ucbruce
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
You are fortunate my friend. Unfortunately I found out yesterday that my bike will be totaled. I'm sad. I can't think of another material thing that has brought me so much joy.
RIP my old friend
That really is a shame, but at least you have the Street Glide and don't have to buy another bike if you don't want to. The price of Harley's has gone through the roof...

Old 06-18-2024 | 07:08 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Thanks Bruce. Yeah prices are totally insane. Hopefully I can get some rides in before the year is up. After I settle up with the insurance company, I'm going to save up and see what next year brings. Maybe a used Fat Boy that needs a good home. 😃

Graham UK (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024 | 05:48 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

RIP my old friend
Any plans to look for a clean used one?

Old 06-29-2024 | 10:51 AM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Been riding to work a lot over the past few weeks. Just about at 46K.

Graham UK (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024 | 04:00 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Any plans to look for a clean used one?
The insurance company has gone back and forth several times on whether it's totaled or not. Finally they said totaled, and now I'm waiting for a settlement number.

I was pretty darn depressed when they told me it was totaled because I really loved that bike. But I started thinking about the new Softail bikes. I've test ridden many of them and I really like the suspension and how they feel. The Low Rider and my Street Glide are both Twin Cams. Having a Milwaukee 8 would be a new experience. I do a lot of YouTube vids of bike mods and maintenance, and I think it would be fun to start over on a new platform.

So I started thinking about finding an '18 or '19 Fat Boy 114. Once I have a settlement number, I'll know how doable it is. Probably just wait until next spring because healing, is gonna take some time.

Graham UK (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024 | 01:13 AM
Graham UK
Tourer

The insurance company has gone back and forth several times on whether it's totaled or not. Finally they said totaled, and now I'm waiting for a settlement number.

I was pretty darn depressed when they told me it was totaled because I really loved that bike. But I started thinking about the new Softail bikes. I've test ridden many of them and I really like the suspension and how they feel. The Low Rider and my Street Glide are both Twin Cams. Having a Milwaukee 8 would be a new experience. I do a lot of YouTube vids of bike mods and maintenance, and I think it would be fun to start over on a new platform.

So I started thinking about finding an '18 or '19 Fat Boy 114. Once I have a settlement number, I'll know how doable it is. Probably just wait until next spring because healing, is gonna take some time.
Yes, they ride really well. If you get one and find a way to stop the rear wheel spraying the battery with road dirt, then post the fix. It's one of the few things that's put me off. In any case, God bless you as you recover and look forward to the road ahead.

Old 07-01-2024 | 07:34 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

A Low Rider S/ST will probably be in my future at some point when I decide to trade in the Dyna Low Rider. Not as familiar with the M8 Softails but I have ridden a Fat Boy, but my Street Glide is and it's a significant upgrade from the Twin Cam IMO, just have to get used to the exhaust sound.

Old 07-01-2024 | 07:37 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
A Low Rider S/ST will probably be in my future at some point when I decide to trade in the Dyna Low Rider. Not as familiar with the M8 Softails but I have ridden a Fat Boy, but my Street Glide is and it's a significant upgrade from the Twin Cam IMO, just have to get used to the exhaust sound.
I've actually backed off a bit from the Fat Boy and am looking at an 18/19 Low Rider (non-S/ST), with a 107. A set of tires for the FB runs almost $600, just for the rubber. As cool as the FB 114 is, it may be a little too much for me. Decisions, decisions. I definitely want ABS, whatever I get.

Ikelove (08-01-2024)

Quick Reply: 2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S