Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2024 | 09:03 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
The video doesn't capture the forces I was feeling. Once I struck the deer, the bars almost went to full lock on one side. Then they oscillated back the other way, and this continued back-and-forth until I was violently thrown off of it. I will never forget what that felt like. When I watched the video the first time I was confused, because it looks like I just let go. But the reality is I felt like I was on a mechanical bull, holding on for dear life, until I couldn't hold on any longer.

It's too bad the eyewitness who saw it didn't have a dash cam, I would love to see what that looked like.
Brutal. Hope you make a complete recovery. The last time that I took a ride in the Santa Cruz Mountains I saw three deer in different areas and this was in the early afternoon. You never know about them...

The following 3 users liked this post by Tommy C:
Bluesrider.df (06-01-2024), Graham UK (06-02-2024), Ikelove (06-07-2024)
Old 06-03-2024 | 07:16 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

The video doesn't capture the forces I was feeling. Once I struck the deer, the bars almost went to full lock on one side. Then they oscillated back the other way, and this continued back-and-forth until I was violently thrown off of it. I will never forget what that felt like. When I watched the video the first time I was confused, because it looks like I just let go. But the reality is I felt like I was on a mechanical bull, holding on for dear life, until I couldn't hold on any longer.

It's too bad the eyewitness who saw it didn't have a dash cam, I would love to see what that looked like.
Damn, that sent shivers down my spine. Out here in Iowa it's deer county 365 days out of the year, whether or not they're in season. I took up bow hunting the year after I hit 3 in 12 months to get revenge after never hitting one before.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

The following 2 users liked this post by ThePaintPirate:
Bluesrider.df (06-03-2024), Ikelove (06-07-2024)
Old 06-05-2024 | 10:20 AM
ucbruce
Tourer

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
Damn, that sent shivers down my spine. Out here in Iowa it's deer county 365 days out of the year, whether or not they're in season. I took up bow hunting the year after I hit 3 in 12 months to get revenge after never hitting one before.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
I did the same thing. Took up deer hunting after a bad wreck in 2014. Must have killed at least 15 deer since then...revenge is sweet, plus you may be saving someone's life...

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (06-07-2024)
Old 06-05-2024 | 02:49 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Originally Posted by ucbruce
I did the same thing. Took up deer hunting after a bad wreck in 2014. Must have killed at least 15 deer since then...revenge is sweet, plus you may be saving someone's life...
and you're filling the freezer at the same time!

Old 06-05-2024 | 07:07 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army

...I was fully geared up....
Smart, good job and congrats on not dying!

Two deer standing by the road see a biker approaching, one deer turns to the other and says, "Hold my beer"

ucbruce (06-07-2024)
Old 06-06-2024 | 05:19 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

The insurance adjuster looked at my bike today and did not total it...yet. They're most likely going to send it to a dealership for a more detailed inspection. Sapphira may ride again! Not getting my hopes up though.

Tommy C (06-06-2024)
Old 06-07-2024 | 12:48 PM
ucbruce
Tourer

The insurance adjuster looked at my bike today and did not total it...yet. They're most likely going to send it to a dealership for a more detailed inspection. Sapphira may ride again! Not getting my hopes up though.
Whatever's best for you. I've been riding Harley's for almost 19 years and have racked up over 200K miles on the the 5 I've owned. Rode Italian and Japanese bikes before that. These two bikes are probably the last two bikes I'll ever own. I'm doing my best to maintain them, and the LR only has 22K miles, the Bagger about 48K, and I just rebuilt the whole bottom end. I'm not quitting riding, and in fact I'm getting ready to take the LR out now. I'm just saying if I wrecked one of them, I probably wouldn't replace it. I'm going to be 72 in six months, and that 900 lb. bagger can be a bit much, especially when two up. It's just that I know my riding days are numbered, and I'll continue to enjoy it while I still can...

Old 06-07-2024 | 12:50 PM
ucbruce
Tourer

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
and you're filling the freezer at the same time!
And my wife is a country girl, and knows how to cook venison! I've taken as much as 5 in one year, but that was my revenge period. Then I got into into, and took 2 per year, just enough to fill the freezer...

Old 06-07-2024 | 02:33 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

The deer I hit did die at the scene, and I was told someone was taking it and donating the meat to a local organization at helps needy people.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bluesrider.df:
Graham UK (06-08-2024), ucbruce (06-10-2024)
Old 06-11-2024 | 07:49 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

The deer I hit did die at the scene, and I was told someone was taking it and donating the meat to a local organization at helps needy people.
The place I have process my stuff takes the hides and donates them to our Elks lodge for their Veterans Leather Program.

Elks Lodge Veterans Leather Program

Quick Reply: 2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S