Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2024 | 09:09 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Resumed commuting to work this week.

More miles on the LR are less on the car.

The following users liked this post:
Graham UK (05-26-2024)
Old 05-24-2024 | 11:25 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Guys, I took my last ride on the Dyna LR this morning hit a deer head on at 45mph. Landed hard on left side. Nothing is broken, which is a miracle but I am really banged up. 21 stitches on left ankle. Hips & elbow banged up. I was fully geared up. They are getting ready to discharge me, more details later.

Old 05-26-2024 | 12:08 AM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
Guys, I took my last ride on the Dyna LR this morning hit a deer head on at 45mph. Landed hard on left side. Nothing is broken, which is a miracle but I am really banged up. 21 stitches on left ankle. Hips & elbow banged up. I was fully geared up. They are getting ready to discharge me, more details later.
Damn! Sorry to hear that you hit some POS deer. Hope you are okay. Please keep us updated.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ikelove:
Bluesrider.df (05-26-2024), Graham UK (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024 | 02:57 AM
Graham UK
Tourer

That's horrible. I hope you make a good recovery and can get back up on two wheels again soon.

The following users liked this post:
Bluesrider.df (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024 | 02:59 AM
Graham UK
Tourer

Originally Posted by Graham UK
I realise that I'm blessed that the bike's original battery has lasted over 9 years; I have always kept it on an Optimate battery tender when the bike is not in use (except when touring of course) which has helped. With the new battery, the bike now starts fine, but the Optimate doesn't recognise it and so won't charge it! I hope to drop past the dealer next week; hopefully it's just a fuse in the Optimate lead but, as the problem arose with their changing the battery, I'd rather they sort it instead of me; if they've caused a different issue, I don't want there to be any doubt that it's not me who caused it!
Thankfully, it was just the fuse in the charging lead from the battery, so all is well. They seemed to have no idea why it blew though.

Old 05-27-2024 | 12:36 PM
ucbruce
Tourer

So sorry to hear that man. I hit a deer head-on with my 2011 Bagger, almost 10 years ago to the day, but I shattered my leg really bad. I couldn't ride for months, but I had a new bike in the garage a month later. The bike can be replaced, but at least you didn't break anything. Maybe like me, you'll take up deer hunting like I did. I sure got my revenge! Get better soon...

Old 06-01-2024 | 12:56 PM
Ikelove
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Old 06-01-2024 | 06:51 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Hey guys, this thread has the vid of my mishap on the Low Rider. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...er-strike.html

Old 06-01-2024 | 08:44 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member

Hey guys, this thread has the vid of my mishap on the Low Rider. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...er-strike.html
I watched the video and I have a question. Why did you decide to bail off of your bike? You may of had a better outcome if you would had stayed with the bike and rode it out.

Old 06-01-2024 | 08:53 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tommy C
I watched the video and I have a question. Why did you decide to bail off of your bike? You may of had a better outcome if you would had stayed with the bike and rode it out.
The video doesn't capture the forces I was feeling. Once I struck the deer, the bars almost went to full lock on one side. Then they oscillated back the other way, and this continued back-and-forth until I was violently thrown off of it. I will never forget what that felt like. When I watched the video the first time I was confused, because it looks like I just let go. But the reality is I felt like I was on a mechanical bull, holding on for dear life, until I couldn't hold on any longer.

It's too bad the eyewitness who saw it didn't have a dash cam, I would love to see what that looked like.

Quick Reply: 2014-17 Lowrider & Low Rider S