Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's. Part Deux

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 06:28 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftace
Boys, I’m back. Scored my unicorn today. I’ve wanted one of these for 15+ years. Finally the heavens smiled on me. 13k miles off the original owner. 99.9 flawless and I’m in love. Catch is extended myself to get it so it’ll only be in my life a short while most likely. Going to do a few things to it and it’ll get listed for sale. Going to just stare at it lovingly until then though. I love these damn bikes.

Great score. Keep it as long as you can!! That's a gorgeous specimen. I only wish I could find one of those up here...

Last edited by Chad1200; 06-24-2024 at 06:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
shiftace (06-27-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 02:08 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,232 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
Kind of an update, I guess. The new Whiplash seat showed up and if fits like a glove, take a look at the pic of the fender bracket. BUT they used the wrong material on the rider seat section, it was supposed to be smooth vinyl and its gripper. I emailed Carlos and we'll see what happens. I can't seem to catch a break with this seat swap thing.
Well, the replacement seat from Whiplash finally showed up. It took 3 weeks to deliver the original one that they made wrong but 6 additional weeks to make it right. What's more I hadn't heard a peep in that 6 weeks and when I finally emailed to check up, I miraculously received a shipping email...amazing timing don't you think? Then UPS mishandled it and added an extra 3 days to the delivery time. So, all in all, a giant **** show from start to finish. Remember that my first post was on 3/22 when I received the FIRST screwed up seat from Mustang.

My impressions? I kinda don't give a **** anymore and wish I hadn't started this whole thing. Oddly enough (or maybe it's just in my mind) my Sadldlemen that I was complaining about is surprisingly comfortable this season, maybe I finally broke it in? While mounting the new seat I over torqued the seat screw and bent the attachment bracket upward. I have it bent most of the way back, but I'll have to fine tune another day. Whatever, here's some pics. It looks good, it felt good sitting on it, but I haven't ridden yet.

Old 06-25-2024, 06:24 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 827 Likes on 374 Posts

Damn. What a fiasco. Seat does look killer though. Worth the effort I hope. Need a seat for mine too, hunting for a used LePera Daytona Sport but hard to find.

snake_eyes (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 04:33 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Originally Posted by shiftace
Damn. What a fiasco. Seat does look killer though. Worth the effort I hope. Need a seat for mine too, hunting for a used LePera Daytona Sport but hard to find.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Took a ride today, 1/2 hour out and back and it is very comfy! It is wider though so I'm a bit more on my toes, especially with the 14's on the rear.

Btw, sorry guys for the overall negative tone in that post, it was a rough day.

Old 06-26-2024, 05:06 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 381 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
especially with the 14's on the rear.
have you done anything to the front suspension to jack er up? Longer fork tubes, extended dampers, fork extensions?

Old 06-26-2024, 05:13 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Originally Posted by fskitch
have you done anything to the front suspension to jack er up? Longer fork tubes, extended dampers, fork extensions?
Running +2 Bitubo carts in the front.

fskitch (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 06:04 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

@fskitch Skitchy, those +2 bitubos come with their own "special" 2" extension to use on Std length fork tubes

The following 2 users liked this post by multihdrdr:
fskitch (06-26-2024), snake_eyes (06-27-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 06:41 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 381 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
@fskitch Skitchy, those +2 bitubos come with their own "special" 2" extension to use on Std length fork tubes
you can use extended fork dampers (Harley calls em ‘seat pipes’) with stock tubes also. I can’t find any at this time.

Old 06-26-2024, 06:52 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Yeah of course, I was just trying gjve some possible clarifying info specific to the Bitubos cartridge in longer than stock length application. No other cartridges do that (that I'm aware of). Others require longer tubes for the extended length.

In fact Snake Eyes was using longer Trackordie dampers and Gold valves previously

fskitch (06-26-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 08:21 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Yeah of course, I was just trying gjve some possible clarifying info specific to the Bitubos cartridge in longer than stock length application. No other cartridges do that (that I'm aware of). Others require longer tubes for the extended length.

In fact Snake Eyes was using longer Trackordie dampers and Gold valves previously
I did not like the TrackerDie/Gold Emulator/RaceTech spring setup.
  1. Extended damper tubes give you height but no extra travel. As @multihdrdr mentioned, the Bitubos have a built in tube extension so they add travel and are SUPER easy to adjust rebound, preload, dampening and compression
  2. GoldEmulators work great, but you have to partially disassemble to do any adjustment
  3. Performance springs actually worked well, but without easy adjustment were a huge PITA to dial in. It was easier to just get rid of them
I gotta tell you, the bike feels great this season. I am loving the way the Bitubos are working with the Legends out back. I am starting to see why some people say the Legends start to get softer with age, mine have started to feel like a Cadillac in sport mode and I love it! Any softer though, I might have to make a change.

mte78 (06-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's. Part Deux