Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today? ** Part 2 **

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2024, 11:26 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 583 Likes on 262 Posts

Some routine maintenance. Oil change, air filter service and a nut and bolt check. Did about 1k miles last weekend and heading out next weekend for 1.5k miles give or take and another 1.5k the weekend after that! PC Racing is the best oil filter if you wanted my opinion which you don't lmao. Been running them for years. One and done! 🛵💨

The following 3 users liked this post by Dynawobble:
Dudepants (06-10-2024), mte78 (06-16-2024), snake_eyes (06-09-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 07:29 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,558 Likes on 808 Posts

Now that I got in SuperTrapp's kit, I disassembled the muffler, put in the new pillow wrapped baffle, installed the tune kit with 10 disks since that's all I had. Old baffle had remnants of snapped disk screws, so using an oversized screw in one of the available holes, clamped down on it with vice grips and a couple whacks with a hammer, it slid out with little fuss and a lot of WD40. As expected, the kit installed with no issues.

Initial impressions on the sound are mixed. Same volume during idle, maybe a hair louder but definitely deeper and has more of a "putt putt" sound? Stockish volume during cruising but does come alive a little when you give it some throttle. It did smooth out the torque curve and moved it ever so slightly to the right. I probably need more disks to experiment with sound and response so I'll look into getting some more, and of course it could use a tune to really get a feel on how it should really perform. Sorry @98hotrodfatboy , when I got back home after testing the setup, the neighbor's lawn people were doing their thing, I'll try and get something this week.

Overall it was fun to resurrect something that was destined for the scrap heap, but just not sure if it was worth the investment, that kit wasn't cheap. I need to play with it more and let the packing burn in before I made my mind up.

The following 2 users liked this post by ThePaintPirate:
98hotrodfatboy (06-11-2024), Dynawobble (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 07:51 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,476 Likes on 3,650 Posts

@ThePaintPirate
With the open end cap you should have at or are close to the proper amount of discs.. An open end cap will make the difference of 8 discs and definitely will sound better than a closed end cap but will allow for more reversion.. If you don't have a cam with a lot of overlap, you will be fine..

Old 06-11-2024, 08:39 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 287 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
Now that I got in SuperTrapp's kit, I disassembled the muffler, put in the new pillow wrapped baffle, installed the tune kit with 10 disks since that's all I had. Old baffle had remnants of snapped disk screws, so using an oversized screw in one of the available holes, clamped down on it with vice grips and a couple whacks with a hammer, it slid out with little fuss and a lot of WD40. As expected, the kit installed with no issues.

Initial impressions on the sound are mixed. Same volume during idle, maybe a hair louder but definitely deeper and has more of a "putt putt" sound? Stockish volume during cruising but does come alive a little when you give it some throttle. It did smooth out the torque curve and moved it ever so slightly to the right. I probably need more disks to experiment with sound and response so I'll look into getting some more, and of course it could use a tune to really get a feel on how it should really perform. Sorry @98hotrodfatboy , when I got back home after testing the setup, the neighbor's lawn people were doing their thing, I'll try and get something this week.

Overall it was fun to resurrect something that was destined for the scrap heap, but just not sure if it was worth the investment, that kit wasn't cheap. I need to play with it more and let the packing burn in before I made my mind up.
I think it's awesome that you brought this Screamin' Eagle/SuperTrapp slip-on back to life. I wanted to do the same thing with the factory 2-into-1 exhaust from a 2010 Street Glide but it wouldn't work on my 2009 Electra because of the different sized O2 sensors. It's a great way to have something unique. Great work!

The following users liked this post:
ThePaintPirate (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 08:47 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Originally Posted by Chad1200
I think it's awesome that you brought this Screamin' Eagle/SuperTrapp slip-on back to life. I wanted to do the same thing with the factory 2-into-1 exhaust from a 2010 Street Glide but it wouldn't work on my 2009 Electra because of the different sized O2 sensors. It's a great way to have something unique. Great work!
That's kind of what I was going for. Didn't want to go the stereotypical route with Bassani and just felt like doing a slip on to keep the Low Rider aesthetics. But slip ons for the LR 2 into 1 are hard to come by these days.

Old 06-11-2024, 09:38 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
@ThePaintPirate
With the open end cap you should have at or are close to the proper amount of discs.. An open end cap will make the difference of 8 discs and definitely will sound better than a closed end cap but will allow for more reversion.. If you don't have a cam with a lot of overlap, you will be fine..
just the standard stock cam and tune I believe. The throttle was very twitchy right off the bat and the bike would take off like a bat out of hell once you let go of the clutch, even after adjusting it. The pipe seems to have calmed it down just a touch, smoothed out the power delivery through the rpm range, and smoothed out engine braking without feeling like you hit a wall after letting off the throttle.

Old 06-11-2024, 12:35 PM
Paintslinger16
Road Warrior
Received 1,931 Likes on 835 Posts

I am sure I got tweaks to do, before I am happy with the positioning, I ordered the parts while in NY and this morning Heel toe shifter on the Dyna Switchback.

Tom H (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 04:08 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,476 Likes on 3,650 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Paintslinger16
I am sure I got tweaks to do, before I am happy with the positioning, I ordered the parts while in NY and this morning Heel toe shifter on the Dyna Switchback.

I love the heel toe shifter It's so much easier to bang gears...

Paintslinger16 (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 04:58 PM
Paintslinger16
Road Warrior

I really like the ease of upshifting, I realize a ton of riders hate them ( first thing they take off ) but once I got one, only 9 years ago, you are right you can bang them up pretty quickly and the downshift is the same anyway.

98hotrodfatboy (06-11-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 04:07 PM
Paintslinger16
Road Warrior

Just a FYI for anyone doing the switchback Heel toe conversion, I seen a bunch of funky looking bends to stop the shift linkage from contacting the one bolt boss on the primary.
i really didn’t like the looks of some of the pretzel bends, and the rod is actually beefy, so I just ground down about a 1/3 of it putting a nice flat for about 2 inches worth of shifter throw.

The following 3 users liked this post by Paintslinger16:
Architect (06-14-2024), Oko (06-17-2024), whanders (06-13-2024)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today? ** Part 2 **