Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking my 07' Street Bob to 107"

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2024, 08:31 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 667 Posts

Looks great

The following users liked this post:
override (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 05:27 AM
lilyelliott4
Stage III
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
I thought you were talking about the IPB.. MY BAD .
I also used the Baker in my Evo and under light Cruise tip in it really howls.. Hoping it lasts till winter and then going back to OEM.. Not only that I believe the wider cylindrical roller offers a lot more support to the main shaft and main drive gear bearing..
As for the knock on the Baker, I know exactly what you mean.. Same here..
It sounds like you had a misunderstanding earlier, and I appreciate the clarification. I've had a similar experience using the Baker in my Evo; it's got quite a howl under light cruise. I'm also hoping it lasts through the winter before switching back to OEM. I agree about the wider cylindrical roller—it seems to provide better support for the main shaft and main drive gear bearing. And yes, I know exactly what you mean about the knock on the Baker.

98hotrodfatboy (08-14-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 05:22 PM
override
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 47 Posts

I seem to have hit a plateau with the bike, I have all these parts that I am trying to fit together and am running into fitment issues, it's annoying as f*ck! Decided to just walk away from the bike for the day, I can't do **** anyways until I figure out how to move forward. The O2 sensor being one and another thing I found is the exhaust is not compatible with reduced reach brackets or maybe it is the TC Bros controls being the issue, I wish I still had my HD controls so I could test fit those and see how things are, the issue is the exhaust contacts the control mount. I removed the reduced reach bracket on the brake side and everything is kosher but now the HPI Inc air cleaner touches my calf with my foot fully on the board. SO....MANY....FITMENT......ISSUES!!!!

My current major issue has me wondering which option will be the best to take, I am running a Thundermax tuner w/ wideband O2 sensors. Exhaust is the SPC Big Bore stainless setup ($$$) and the front bung position does not work with the oil cooler adapter.

The two immediate options I thought are I'll have to change the exhaust or tuner. Selling the exhaust is out of the question, there is no way I would recover my money on it. As well I really would hate to get rid of this tuner, since it was a high expense part, but I am open to it. I like being able to change parameters on the bike and data log; on the other hand I realize the DynoJet Power Commander is a more commonly used tuner and offers similar capabilities of the T.Max with the stock sensors.

The third option that comes to mind is reaching out to SPC concepts and see if they will modify the bung location for me, I don't doubt they would but I'm curious how much that would run me since that would likely interrupt there day to day production.

The fourth idea is reaching out to T.Max and seeing if they know of a shorter wide band sensor that will work with their system.

The fifth and final option, one that I am hard pressed to take, is find a rod to thread into the bung, heat the pipe up and bend the bung upward. As much as this thing needs to bend up I feel like that might stress the pipe material or weld joint too much.

I'm open to ideas if anyone has them or if anyone has experience this predicament!

Last edited by override; 08-17-2024 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-17-2024, 05:37 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,417 Likes on 3,621 Posts

That bung for the O2 sensor looks pretty long.. I would get a new bung and take the pipe to a welder and have them put them in at less of an angle.. Maybe at a 75° angle and not the 90° angle that it currently is..
This would be the least expensive and the most cost efficient repair..

snake_eyes (08-17-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 07:26 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,954 Likes on 4,032 Posts

Heck, you could probably whack 1/4 inch off the bung and get enough clearance.. Tap size is common 18mmx1.5mm..

The following 2 users liked this post by Max Headflow:
BlueridgeXL (08-20-2024), snake_eyes (08-17-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 11:39 PM
override
Tourer

That bung for the O2 sensor looks pretty long.. I would get a new bung and take the pipe to a welder and have them put them in at less of an angle.. Maybe at a 75° angle and not the 90° angle that it currently is..
This would be the least expensive and the most cost efficient repair..
I sent SPC an email, gonna see if they will make me a modified front header and let me send this back for an even swap. If not I'll probably explore the local welder option.

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
Heck, you could probably whack 1/4 inch off the bung and get enough clearance.. Tap size is common 18mmx1.5mm..
I'll have to try and measure it out but I think even with 1/4" the wires would still be pressing on the oil filter. if it comes down to SPC saying I'm on my own I may try that before going to a welder locally.

Max Headflow (08-17-2024)
Old 08-18-2024, 09:21 AM
Harley_ish
Road Master
Received 628 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by override
I realize the DynoJet Power Commander is a more commonly used tuner and offers similar capabilities of the T.Max with the stock sensors.
BTW, I think you mean Power Vision

Old 08-18-2024, 10:58 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harley_ish
He could mean the PCIII or the PCB made by DynoJet.. Which all came before the PV LINE..

Old 08-18-2024, 12:10 PM
override
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harley_ish
He could mean the PCIII or the PCB made by DynoJet.. Which all came before the PV LINE..
To be honest I don't know much about what Dynojet offers other than I know they make a piggy back model that utilizes the stock O2 sensors and has "auto tune" capabilities that can be added on, I think that is the Power Commander. The power vision would put me in the same position I'm currently in since it uses wide band sensors?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Lol

Thinking on it more, II'm probably just gonna stick with what I have. I read that the Thundermax is non-transferable though I'd think they would sell licenses to marry it to a new bike (or to sell) especially for people who change bikes but want to keep the tuner.

​​I've already found a stainless 45 degree bung which would work perfect. Just need to find a welder in my area that can do Mig or Tug and has the skill to cut that old bung out and weld the new one in.

Old 08-18-2024, 12:20 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

The ThunderMax is supposed to be really good so I wouldn't bother going to something else.. Just make what you have work the best you can and good move on welding the new bung in..

override (08-18-2024)

Quick Reply: Taking my 07' Street Bob to 107"