Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't get it firm, is it too big or too small?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 04:36 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,249 Likes on 733 Posts

Nothing new to report yet. Wiring mockup is done and works like a charm with the KurveyGirl NO switch, just got the TTI mirror mount today and Motul brake fluid.

I am struggling with what I'm going to do with the clutch side though. I was convinced that I was going to go with the matching Brembo perch and lever Brembo - HPK Cable Clutch Perch with Switch | 110A26303 | Reactive Parts but at $399 to get it here and the extra work that's going to be required to get it installed, I don't know if it's going to be "worth" it. I started looking at Elite Mototech Elite HD EZ-PULL Clutch & Brembo Brake Lever Kit - Elite Mototech Motorcycle Parts / Accessories and Much More and while it's nice, I don't like how short their levers are. I'm leaning most heavily toward the 1Finger Signature Series Adjustable Easier Pull Clutch 4 Finger Lever | Black – 1FNGR, LLC The downside to either the Elite or 1Fgr setup's is that I'm going to have different perches and levers on each side, and that might be okay too, it's just going to be an expensive experiment.

Old 02-15-2024, 01:41 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Spoiler

Man, I'm fooking bored. Can't ride cause its winter, can't wrench cause (see the spoiler) and the forum has been dead lately. I did order the Elite Mototech clutch perch but didn't like the color so now I'm waiting on an exchange for all black. Otherwise, everything is just sitting in the shop waiting for me including the new Brembo master and Galfer line. Just found out that my Brembo rear caliper isn't expected till May so riding season might be later than normal now too. Oh well, all 1st world problems I guess.

Old 02-15-2024, 02:18 PM
Harley_ish
Road Master
Received 638 Likes on 427 Posts

OUCH ! ... What the hell happened?

Old 02-15-2024, 02:22 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harley_ish
OUCH ! ... What the hell happened?

Funny and true. I'm flat footed and now old so it caught up to me. They gave me an arch.

Old 02-15-2024, 04:29 PM
Tom H
Road Captain
Received 380 Likes on 282 Posts

Oooohhh yuck. Could have given a warning before clicking to open the pick. Yukkyyyy!!!

Now seriously. Hope you heal quickly so you can get back to work on the bike!!!

Tom

Old 02-15-2024, 06:31 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 764 Likes on 529 Posts

Yikes Dude, looks like you had a leather moccasin sewn onto your foot! Good luck

The following users liked this post:
snake_eyes (02-16-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 08:16 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Originally Posted by Tom H
Oooohhh yuck. Could have given a warning before clicking to open the pick. Yukkyyyy!!!

Now seriously. Hope you heal quickly so you can get back to work on the bike!!!

Tom
Sorry man and thanks.

Old 03-04-2024, 10:22 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Alright, I'm going to put paid to this thread since there's nothing worse than following along to never hear the resolution.

No one likes to hear it, but sometimes the truth hurts, IT WAS TOO SMALL.

I FINALLY completed the conversion to the Brembo RCS19 master and the lever feel, and reaction is exactly what I wanted. There is no mush, no sogginess the reaction is quick with very little lever movement from at rest to first engagement and the feel compared to the stock unit is night and day. It's also tunable to an extent and the lever position from the grip is adjustable. I went with the stock Brembo fluid reservoir in smoked black with Motul DOT 4. Added the normally open switch from KurveyGirl wired right though the existing switch opening and a TTI mirror mount to keep it in a stock location. It's plumbed through new Galfer braided lines. On the clutch side I went with an Elite MotoTech setup, mostly because they offered a matching lever for the Brembo master. It looks nice and I like the way that they attach the cable to the lever, The fit and construction are top notch also. I have some fine-tuning left to do once I can actually site on my bike, getting the mirrors just right, etc. but for now, it's done.

For reference, the Brembo RCS19 is a 19mm bore which is the recommended size to drive dual Brembo rotors. The OEM unit I had was the 11/16th inch the MoCo used for the late model FXDL(S) dual disc models. The dual Brembo GP4-RS calipers I am running have 4, 30mm pistons in each.

I am also converting to the same Brembo caliper on the rear as well but won't have my new Galfer line until (hopefully) later today so I don't know how the stock 9/16th rear master will handle it, Brembo recommends 15mm for a single caliper. I have heard from others that it's fine since it's pretty close, but I guess we'll see.

The following 3 users liked this post by snake_eyes:
John CC (03-04-2024), Max Headflow (03-04-2024), Tom H (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 03:36 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,018 Likes on 4,065 Posts

Now that you have a master that you like, I'll be interested in how well the brakes perform.

Old 03-04-2024, 03:39 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
Now that you have a master that you like, I'll be interested in how well the brakes perform.
Me too. I should be out of my boot (air cast) at the end of July.

Edit: you can see my crutches leaning against my bench in the 2nd pic.

Last edited by snake_eyes; 03-04-2024 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Can't get it firm, is it too big or too small?