Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide glide with bags

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 03:02 PM
gunz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide glide with bags

i am looking for bags for my wide glide, but cant decide which ones . i know some cover the shocks, So i was wondering if any of you with glides and bags could post a pic with the type of saddle bags you have.It would help alot. thanks in advance

Old 11-19-2005, 07:16 PM
DFowler
Intermediate
Default RE: Wide glide with bags

Here is a link to a picture of my 05 WideGlide with Harley bags : http://photos.thedieselstop.com/show...t=1&thecat=500 .They are for sale if you are interested.I converted my WideGlide to a trike.Donnie

Old 11-19-2005, 08:00 PM
GrayRider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the bags on sometimes run on my WG. They're Harley Slant bags. I made my own quick detach system. Sorry the pic's a little dark.
Name:  WGBags.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  45.0 KB

Old 11-19-2005, 08:21 PM
sfarson
Road Master

ORIGINAL: gunz

i am looking for bags for my wide glide, but cant decide which ones . i know some cover the shocks, So i was wondering if any of you with glides and bags could post a pic with the type of saddle bags you have.It would help alot. thanks in advance
I like these from H-D. High quality looks and finish. Hold their shape. Go with the lines of the bike and shocks... bags, straps, buckles. Would get them again easily.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Bob Cosby
Advanced

sfarson....VERY nice looking setup! I have an 05 FXDWG. If you don't mind, could you please post exactly what bags those are, and what other items you had to have in order to make them work (supports, turn signal relocation, etc)?

Greatly appreciated.
Bob

Old 11-19-2005, 11:12 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

These are great bags, cut out tail lights, hard plastic shell inside, pretty roomy. One draw back is that they are pretty difficult to remove and/or clean around, I manage okay, I am sure there is a quick release somewhere.

Old 11-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Ice
Elite HDF Member

Here is another...their the standard bags in the Harley Catalog for wideglides.Like other posts have said...they don't remove very easy for cleaning,but not a big deal.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:32 AM
sfarson
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bob Cosby

sfarson....VERY nice looking setup! I have an 05 FXDWG. If you don't mind, could you please post exactly what bags those are, and what other items you had to have in order to make them work (supports, turn signal relocation, etc)?

Greatly appreciated.
Bob
Bob, will find these bags (Part# 79300-04) and the necessary turn signal relocation kit (Part# 68718-02) on page 160 (Product B.) of the '06 P&A book/catalog. They were new last year and will fit your '05. Mine is an '04.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:24 AM
jv225
Road Master

I'm looking for a set too for my 01 WG. The problem I'm having is most that fit a WG say they won't work with rear axle covers which I put on last week [:@] I don't really see how the covers won't allow them too work so who knows.
Dfowler if Gunz isn't interested in those bags could you send me some info on them? Part # what your looking to get etc. Oh and post some pics of that trike conversion BTW all your bikes look great with the bags. I wasn't sure if I wanted them or not but I'm sold now. They look good

Old 11-20-2005, 09:05 PM
xmeter
Tourer

Hey DFowler....
If those bags are still for sale give me a ring at xmeter@aol.com. I have cash in hand....

Quick Reply: Wide glide with bags