Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration.........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
cravenc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration.........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HDF members, I have an '07 bob (w/1,800 miles)that vibrates/chatters when coming to a stop. The bike had the vibration/chatter a couple of times when I first got it but I thought it was justthe road. I put a PC III and a stage 1 intake on it the other night and got on it hard (accel). I took a 200 mile trip this week end and just about every time I came to a stop and pulled in the clutch the bike started to vibrate/chatter then it went away before I got fully stopped. I also can rev the motor and as the motor revs down it will vibrate/chatter just before it goes back to idle. I know harleys vibrate and I am not concered about the normal vibs but this is a bad vib/chatter. I have read on the forums about broken motor mounts can someone explain in detial what I need to look for. I did a visual check and tightened the front and rear mounts but it didnt seem to help. Any input would be gratefull. I am about to pull my hair out on this one.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Vibration.........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to need to isolate this vibration in order to better describe the problem. Is the problem only suring decel? Does it always occur at the same time. Does pulling in the clutch make the vibration go away? Will you be able to explain it to the dealer so the mechanic can check it out? Keep us informed of what you find.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:44 PM
cravenc
Advanced

Basically when I am coming to a stop and pull the clutch inthe bike will have a BAD vibration/chatter and when I just about stop it will go away. I can sit on the bike without it moving, rev the motor and as I let off the gas the bike vibrates/chatters just before it goes back to idle. When I am riding it down the road I feel no abnormal vibs. Having no tach I dont know what rpm it occurs @ but its not real high. I think the vib has something to do with a certain rpm.......................

Old 08-20-2007, 09:30 PM
rockdoc
Tourer

First, I'm not trying to be an A$$. But, I read alot of posts of vibrations with Dynas on this forum and mostly I think, well Dynas vibrate like crap so get used to it. My bike has a different vibration on a weekly basis and I tend to think of it as her personality. Now, I'm not an engineer or mechanic so I don't have a solution for you. Your problem sounds like a basic resonance issue - the rpm at which your bike vibrates at it's worse is it resonance frequence (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resonance for a weak primer. My bike vibrates worse in the lower-mid range of her powerband and gets better the higher I go. Thus, I like to wind it out a bit more than average. My only advice and it's of no help to you....get used to it...it will always vibrate like crap. Learn to love it.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:38 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

i have some vibes too. many say the vibes start around 5 or 6k miles .even 2 dealers told me this. others in here say same.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:39 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have someone stand next to your bike as you rev it to try and identify the source of vibration. It doesn't sound too serious as it runs fine at speed. Look for wear/rub points, loose air cleaner covers, horn mounts, exhaust mounts, etc. Fear not, you'll get it done!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

plus check motor mounts. the back ones are sorta hard to get to. front ones a piece of cake.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Punty you wanna handel this one?? LOL

No seriously it sounds as if something is loose somewhere.. ironoxide is correct... and from what you are saying, it is happening in the same fashion and under the same conditions.. I'd bet its something thats loose somewhere, or something working itself loose...

Old 08-20-2007, 10:31 PM
DYNAMITE 1
Tourer

Dude, what happens with your engine when its idleing, boing boing bounce bounce.When you pull in the clutch, your basically leting it bounce and jump around while your still rolling, so it all transfers to the rider. Try to down shift and let out the clutch when you come to a stop, and dont just pull the clutch and hold it. I dont know if that makes sense but ..........

Old 08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

yeppers.know that part.mine just started around 5000 miles. never did this before. dealers says they all start this at 5 or 6000 miles,i say bullsh!t to that answer.

i have sad news. dealers not often tell facts. i know,this is a shocker . it does not bother me much,other than the fact that it never did this before. i'm not bitchin.just tellingothers mine does this too. dummies at 2 dealers would not even ride it to see what i am talkin. [sm=signs006.gif]they said. fugem' .

Quick Reply: Vibration.........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!