Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration.........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:16 AM
jefx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vibration.........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: cravenc

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HDF members, I have an '07 bob (w/1,800 miles)that vibrates/chatters when coming to a stop. The bike had the vibration/chatter a couple of times when I first got it but I thought it was justthe road. I put a PC III and a stage 1 intake on it the other night and got on it hard (accel). I took a 200 mile trip this week end and just about every time I came to a stop and pulled in the clutch the bike started to vibrate/chatter then it went away before I got fully stopped. I also can rev the motor and as the motor revs down it will vibrate/chatter just before it goes back to idle. I know harleys vibrate and I am not concered about the normal vibs but this is a bad vib/chatter. I have read on the forums about broken motor mounts can someone explain in detial what I need to look for. I did a visual check and tightened the front and rear mounts but it didnt seem to help. Any input would be gratefull. I am about to pull my hair out on this one.
cravenc, I have the exact same issue with mine, but I haven't been too concerned about it. I would describe the chatter exactly as you just did. I can even feel it in my foot pegs.

I have gotten used to it. I think that mine is coming from the kickstand. At certain low RPMs, when pulling in the clutch and coming to a stop, the "shake" of the bike is just perfect to make the kickstand bounce against the frame. This is just my theory.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:46 PM
bdn56
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vibration.........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a rider the other day ask if something was wrong with my 2006 superglide? At idle, the front forks and wheel were just about to bounce off the ground. I am not sure if this is good or bad? Also have a lot of vibration in the handle bars.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28484/30A9005707B445E4A03EC3A1917D9F51.jpg[/IMG]