Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddleman vs. Corbin

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:46 AM
HDbeerman
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saddleman vs. Corbin

ORIGINAL: khenders

What seat do you prefer and does anyone have both? I would like to order my seat soon so I have it when I buy my new bike. Anyone prefer the OEM seat that came with their bike?
I have a 2007 FXDSE. The stock seat looked nice but was too flat,too long and too hardfor me. I actually ordered a Saddleman seat, one of the new designs they are advertising in several magazines with thered flames. After waiting nearly 2 months J&P cycle told me it was not yet available. I liked the styleand the price was good but no product. I ended up ordering a Corbin at Myrtle Beach bike week for a 10% discount. What many people might not know is you can get a custom seat from Corbin for the same price as a standard off the shelf seat. I got a solo with black gator, red leather on top, custom flame stiching, no back rest mounts, no welt, etc. for the same cost (actually -10%). I need to post a picture but am having camera issues at the moment. You will be happy with a Corbin. Another advantage is the Corbin does not sit on the fender, just the frame. Makes the seat height a little higher but the ride is better for both you and the bike. Plus the Corbin seat locks on by key.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:23 PM
khenders
Advanced

ORIGINAL: HDbeerman

Another advantage is the Corbin does not sit on the fender, just the frame. Makes the seat height a little higher but the ride is better for both you and the bike. Plus the Corbin seat locks on by key.
HDbeerman:
Having the seat not sit on the fender sure sounds interesting, can you tell me how much your seat height increased. The seat locking on by key is also of interest.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug... I just ordered a Hollywood Solo from the Flordia Location ( also in Va. ) .. I have used alot of these seats on most of my bikes very comfortable for me... This will be my last Corbin.. No Key, Missing rubber bumper on one side, and no rear mount bracket, No Instructions, They said they would over night the missing parts to me for $40.00. That was the last $ they will get from me.. Next seat will be a Danny Gray. Trotter

Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 AM
HDbeerman
Novice

ORIGINAL: khenders

ORIGINAL: HDbeerman

Another advantage is the Corbin does not sit on the fender, just the frame. Makes the seat height a little higher but the ride is better for both you and the bike. Plus the Corbin seat locks on by key.
HDbeerman:
Having the seat not sit on the fender sure sounds interesting, can you tell me how much your seat height increased. The seat locking on by key is also of interest.

It is minimal, maybe 1/2", but I know it was higher.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

no one mentions Saddleman here. unless they started as of recent. they do not make a seat for the newer dyna.i have called them,they keep saying next month .next month i have heard from them for almost 2 years now.

i have had Saddleman seats in the past. they are great , to answer the thread question about Saddleman .. they also told me there is no demand for dyna seats. that is why they don't make them, so i was told by a rep .

Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

I have a Mustang seat on my Lowrider. It is definately a hard seat though, much harder than stock. However, after awhile....it will confirm to your butt. It is also a heavy duty seat having a metal bottom and the vinly is screwed to the bottom as well. The stock looked ok...but was rather cheaply made in my opinion. The bottom was plastic and the vinyl is stapled to the bottom.

I do like the Mustang.....but I don't like the texture of the vinly. It gives the appearance of cheap! It is actually good stuff.....just don't like the look. The stiching is also cheap looking.....

Having said that.....the seat does work well. I would recommend Mustang.....

Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Chuck,

That fastback two up seat looks pretty good. the problem I had with the stock 07 Wide Glide seat was that I had no lower back support and my lower back would start to fall asleep in no time. I would find myself slouching in the seat after awhile which would aggravate the problem. Since I am on the other side of the country and cannot ride in to test the seat what is your policy on trials? Also is the fender well protected from the underside of the seat? I like to go with a solo seat form time to time.