Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddleman vs. Corbin

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:31 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saddleman vs. Corbin

I was satisfied with my stock seat until this year's Sturgis trip. A guy at the Mustang tent had me sit on one of their seats and I immediately plunked down the cash for one. I rode 740 miles the first day out of there and really believe my A$$ had another 200 miles in it that day. So, I'm a Mustang man now.

I see you're in Columbus, so I'm not sure what major rallies are close to you to give you the option of trying out different seats like I did. But, if you have some dealer around that carries Mustang, Corbin, Saddleman, etc. and will allow you to check several different seats for a minute or two, do it. They just seem too expensive to buy before trying IMO.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:20 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Donny

Corbin seats are comfortable, but after dealing with them, I will NEVER buy another corbin product.
I think I have to agree with Donny........... My Corbin is VERY comfortable, but form-fit-and finish is deploreable. I can't believe anybody that gave a crap about quality products would have allowed my seat to go into a box and beshipped. I have put over 15,000 miles on my Classic Solo seat, but I think it cost way too much for what I got. The backrest allows me to ride several hundred miles comfortably, and fast.
I have heard good things about Saddleman.

DougJ

Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Bobber S
Tourer

Doug, I was thinking about getting a Hollywood Solo for my Street Bob any feedback on this would be appreciated .. I already have the dual tour and like it .....

Old 08-20-2007, 09:39 PM
PsTaN
Road Master

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna

Corbin seats are comfortable, but after dealing with them, I will NEVER buy another corbin product.
I think I have to agree with Donny........... My Corbin is VERY comfortable, but form-fit-and finish is deploreable. I can't believe anybody that gave a crap about quality products would have allowed my seat to go into a box and beshipped. I have put over 15,000 miles on my Classic Solo seat, but I think it cost way too much for what I got. The backrest allows me to ride several hundred miles comfortably, and fast.

DougJ

What all did they ***-up on your seat Doug? Fit and finish on mine was fine, butI just hate the pillion and the wacky-*** hidden attachment system. I've been tossing around the idea of trying a new seat soon for the hell of it.

PsTaN

Old 08-20-2007, 10:10 PM
sbolt
Advanced

i have the Hollywood on my Super Glide, and no kidding it will take 2000 miles to break it, or your *** in, and--my experience with them over the internet and in person at the store in Daytona was nothing but outstanding customer service. The Hollywood is as they describe it it, best suited for cruising- inferring less than iron butt days. you can do iron butt miles, and it'll be better than stock, but Corbin has better choices if you intend high miles.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Long story short, I bit the bullet and bought the hollywood solo for my 05 sportster, even though I really could'nt afford it. Ordered it through dealer (drag specialties) which was cheaper than directly through corbin. Seat did'nt fit, Corbin said there was a bad batch sent out,but nothing they could do, so i had to return it to dealer, who sent me the one thatwould "definately fit". It did'nt fit either, so I call corbin, they say the brackets were made wrong, but nothing they could do, since I did'nt buy directly from them. I sent the seat back for a refund minus $25 restocking fee, and bought direct for $50 more than my original purchase. SEAT DID"NT FIT! Call corbin, they say "yeah, we had a problem with the brackets being made wrong, we'll send you out the replacement." OK, so the bracket shows up 2 weeks later, and it's IDENTICAL to the others. Call them up...."oops, we sent you the wrong one, we'll get one right out to you." SAME BRACKET again, and they quit returning my calls,so I said F--k it, and cut ,welded, and painted one of the brackets, so that my seat fit right. Ittook almost a year to get my new seat on my bike, and probably costme more than anyone else.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:33 PM
khenders
Advanced

Thanks for the backround Donny - I will keep your story in mind for sure. In general I think I'm leaning towards Saddleman at the moment. That could change but it would take a lot of postive infomation from someplace.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Bobber S
Tourer

Thanks for the feeback on the hollywood solo, sounds like its more trouble than its worth ...

Old 08-21-2007, 08:50 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: PsTaN

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna

DougJ

What all did they ***-up on your seat Doug? Fit and finish on mine was fine, butI just hate the pillion and the wacky-*** hidden attachment system. I've been tossing around the idea of trying a new seat soon for the hell of it.

PsTaN
1) The seat appears to have been made by a drunkard. The cover is stretched crooked, and the bottom felting creeps up on the front of the seat.
2) After about a month the dye started to wear off the beading on the right side of the seat.
3) I had to modify the mounts to get the seat to mount solid to the frame and fender, right out of the box.
4) Backrest post keeps getting looser even though the setscrew is tight.
5) I think the vinyl they used on the sides is way too thin, and will eventually tear.

A positive........ I really do like the ease of removal, and key lock............... Maybe I got the only defectively made Corbin.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the seat, or I would have ditched it right after I bought it. I will never buy another Corbin seat though the catalog. I would consider another one if I watched them build it, and install it on my bike. Problem is, I live in Virginia and they are in California.
I don'tknow if there is a more comfortable seat made, that is why it is still on.
I do think Corbin's are over priced. $285 for a $25 backrest is a little steep (IMHO).

Old 08-21-2007, 10:14 PM
PsTaN
Road Master

Doug ...

Definately poor quality there. I think I actually got the only Mustang made that poorly. My first seat was a Mustang solo that was stitched awful .... made the nose of the seat look like the bike was turning right... LOL. The Mustang didnt seem to fit all that great either. The Corbin was my second seat ... and like you, I have so much $$$ in it it's hard to justify getting another. Although, I'd like to try a C&C 2-upone of these days.

PsTaN

Quick Reply: Saddleman vs. Corbin