Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Coil Cover Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:00 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Chrome Coil Cover Problem?

ORIGINAL: FXDC Rider

On my '07 FXDC...I put the bracket on to hold the new chrome coil cover I'm putting on fine.I then slide the new chrome over the plug holes & try to position it in place, put it looks like the chrome coverright edge is going to rub up against the fuse box cover? Is it supposed to rub up against it before getting into place where your able to install the 3 attaching screws? (Problem #1)
Problem # 2 is I then decided to take the fuse box cover off so as to not get scratched by the chrome coil cover then I was going to put it back on after the coil cover was installed. However, both screws just spin in place on the fuse cover & don't come out? Is this normal? Is there another way of taking the fuse box cover off other then these 2 screws?
It's been a while and I've since switched to the bar and shield cover,but I think there is a piece of clear plastic, sticky onone side that comes with the coverthat you apply to the chrome to keep it from getting scratched. It's a tight fit and I don't know why they bother since it's not visable when installed anyway.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 08-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take no offense,look at where the guys from. I went up there one time for an Aerosmith concert and I swear there's not two people in the whole city that speak any kind of English I can understand,knowin' they can't read an owners manual. Tom
Tom,
You insult Boston & people from it, but then you pay money to see a band who's members were all born & raised in Boston???You must not have understood any of the lyrics they sang??? Makes as much sense as first insulting me, then later in another post offer help to my original topic??? You must be really proud of where YOUR from since you generalize the heck out of it by only stating "Gulf Coast"?

Old 08-20-2007, 01:43 AM
lone rider
Tourer

No need to fight fellas, there is enough of that been done on our behalf in the Middle East, have some respect. Tom your quite righttexture black is what i need,wrinkle black is pre '94.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:47 AM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spend 11k or more on a bike and dont have time to even look over the owners manual kinda stupid if you wanna know.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also thought it was pretty cool of HD
to provide me with an owner's manual
outlining precisely how to remove the fuse cover.

mud
Mud,
If we were all book worms & smart-***'s like you I guess we wouldn't need a message board to talk back & forth about issues/problems...we'd all just pull out our manuals like I guess you do everytimewe have a problem?

Not to sure what you found so offensive about muds comment.. First glade you didnt blow a fuse on your new Sikel out on the road, You would have been stuck somewhere.. I think his advice was good ... Book Worm,Smart A$$, Cocky smartalic, FUC%IN BUSINESS, Sounds to me your frustrated with your self .... Learn some Respect, you may need his many many many years of knowledge one day soon. And read the little manual while youtake a doody.... Oh and I'm fromFairfax Va. 22003 and I didnt like boston or Aerosmith....Too Loud,wet, and Cold....

If all your gonna do is add a cocky, smartalic remark & waste space on someone's post then MIND YOUR OWN FUC%IN' BUSINESS!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

On my '07 FXDC...I put the bracket on to hold the new chrome coil cover I'm putting on fine.I then slide the new chrome over the plug holes & try to position it in place, put it looks like the chrome coverright edge is going to rub up against the fuse box cover? Is it supposed to rub up against it before getting into place where your able to install the 3 attaching screws? (Problem #1)
I am sure you found out by now that the cover just pulls off without tools. It is held on pretty well and I can't imagine it coming off while riding, it probably is good to allow you to get to the fuses (and spares in there) without tools, especially on these bikes which have no place to store a little toolbag like in the old days. My old 83 CB750 had a nice toolkit you could get to easily. It even has a little drain hole so water can't collect. Worthwhile keeping an eye on that to make sure it doesnt get blocked up, when you wash the bike, water gets in there.

Not to rub in the post about the manual, but an hour sitting with the bike and the book (I did this the first night I had the thing home) is really worthwhile. On any new vehicle, you want to be able to get familiar with the basics like fuses, fluids, controls, how to change bulbs, etc...

Where in MA are you, Marlboro here.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:40 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

Take no offense,look at where the guys from. I went up there one time for an Aerosmith concert and I swear there's not two people in the whole city that speak any kind of English I can understand,knowin' they can't read an owners manual. Tom
Tom,
You insult Boston & people from it, but then you pay money to see a band who's members were all born & raised in Boston???You must not have understood any of the lyrics they sang??? Makes as much sense as first insulting me, then later in another post offer help to my original topic??? You must be really proud of where YOUR from since you generalize the heck out of it by only stating "Gulf Coast"?
My apologies,man,didn't realize you'd be so sensitive about a Boston accent. I thought the whole world poked fun at you guys.Didn't you see the smiley face after my post. Actually I loved those few days I spent in Boston except for the time I was riding around lost which was most of the time.

Yeah,I'm kinda familiar with Aerosmith and where they are from. What's Tylers real name,Tylarski or something like that?

I'm from Mobile,now get one of these local rednecks cranked up and you'll really have a hard time understanding them,but they're pretty good folks just like I'm sure you and yours are.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

I am sure you found out by now that the cover just pulls off without tools. It is held on pretty well and I can't imagine it coming off while riding, it probably is good to allow you to get to the fuses (and spares in there) without tools, especially on these bikes which have no place to store a little toolbag like in the old days. My old 83 CB750 had a nice toolkit you could get to easily. It even has a little drain hole so water can't collect. Worthwhile keeping an eye on that to make sure it doesnt get blocked up, when you wash the bike, water gets in there.

Not to rub in the post about the manual, but an hour sitting with the bike and the book (I did this the first night I had the thing home) is really worthwhile. On any new vehicle, you want to be able to get familiar with the basics like fuses, fluids, controls, how to change bulbs, etc...

Where in MA are you, Marlboro here.
Thanks for the POSITIVE feedback Dynamite17...Yes, I should spend some time reading the manual, just didn't have it with me at the time I posted this thread. I'm from Fall River.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

My apologies,man,didn't realize you'd be so sensitive about a Boston accent. I thought the whole world poked fun at you guys.Didn't you see the smiley face after my post. Actually I loved those few days I spent in Boston except for the time I was riding around lost which was most of the time.

Yeah,I'm kinda familiar with Aerosmith and where they are from. What's Tylers real name,Tylarski or something like that?

I'm from Mobile,now get one of these local rednecks cranked up and you'll really have a hard time understanding them,but they're pretty good folks just like I'm sure you and yours are.

Good Luck

Tom
No problem Tom...when I posted this thread is was about 1:30 am EST & I didn't have my manual on me at the time as it was at my work. I was just looking for a quick answer to the fuse box cover because I didn't feel like leaving the coil cover job un-done until the following morning & wanted to finish it that night. Believe me, after you guys jumping down my throat aboutthe manualI've been reading the heck out of it!Yah, the "whole world" pretty much does poke fun at our accent but hey, I lived in VA for 4 years in the military & would rather have this accent than that one!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:12 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

HAHAHAHAHAH,man,this is never gonna end. Now there's gonna be a pissed off Virginian chiming in. [:@]

Good Luck

Tom

Quick Reply: Chrome Coil Cover Problem?