Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACR Disable

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 06:53 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by flylow5
Learned today that my FP3 can turn them off as well. Turned off and re flashed. You can hear the bike struggle on start through extra compression so it definitely works. Awesome tool in FP3.
It’s a shame you didn’t mention you had a FP3 in your original post. You would have gotten that answer in about 3 seconds like you did with the PV suggestion. Glad you put 2&2 together and figured it out.

Old 08-10-2022, 07:37 AM
flylow5
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well didn't know FP3 was relevant given I had no idea it could turn them off. Someone did mention a power vision earlier in the string but I don't have that. Just that control alone makes the tuner worth it weight.....

Old 08-10-2022, 08:13 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by flylow5
Well didn't know FP3 was relevant given I had no idea it could turn them off. Someone did mention a power vision earlier in the string but I don't have that. Just that control alone makes the tuner worth it weight.....
Definitely get to know your tuner. The FP isn't the favorite here, but its definitely a capable tuner. I understand that some functions that are not available to the end user can still be addressed by V&H through their support department, so keep that in mind for the future.

Also, there are a lot of smart people here (and an equal number of fools, sadly) so when you present an issue, providing as much info as possible helps with the diagnosis. Not being critical, without experience its hard to know what is related to what, but just saying.

Lastly, were spokes standard on the '19's? I had the same bike in 2015 and they came with the same mags as my LRS, only black and silver instead of baby poop brown...

Good luck.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:35 AM
flylow5
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've done quite a bit of the easier service work on earlier bikes( clutch adjustment, belt tension, etc. . Most of them pretty new so I didn't have to check compression. This Dyna I bought for a reasonable price but the owner was young and did not understand enough about bike so I want to check everything. Compression test went as follows, ACR's Off, Bike warm, Air Filter Out, Both spark plugs out, install gauge, Wide open throttle, turn over until pressure stops building. Result was 210 PSI front and back. Strong compression.

This Dyna low rider is a 2017. When the 1st owner bought it new he said it came with forward controls and laced wheels. I'm not sure if the dealer did this before putting on the floor or came from factory like that.

I plan on leaning on group for help as other than the Harley Dealer there are no independent mechanic shops within 50 miles. I may install a cam next so that's gonna generate some questions LOL. Fyi, I really like this Dyna and I have had many bikes. Harley's I have had. 1997 Dyna Wide Glide, 2010 Road King, 2017 Street Glide Special, and a 2019 Road Glide Special.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:49 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Yeah I meant 17. 19's are softails...

Someone changed stuff. The 2017 Low Rider came with "further forward" mids - basically mids that are about an inch and a half further forward from the standard mids. Really nice. Seems like someone was looking for a classic Harley look. Feet out, spokes, etc. Not my thing, but to each it own.

Talk to the boys over at @fuelmoto - they have some of the best support in the industry. They can recommend a cam and have a crap ton of how to videos on their site. Not sure they deal in the FP tunes, but if you get a power vision, you a get lifetime of some of the best tunes tailored to your build. A couple auto tune runs dials them in nicely...

Good luck with it.