Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap Se II's for Street Legal Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:39 AM
billybobber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swap Se II's for Street Legal Mufflers

dont mean to go off topic again, but do you have another post going about your tach? I am interested to know about it:
Price
maker
fit and finish
Installation
close up pics
etc

P.S. I also noticed you relocated your blinkers finally- did you do that? If so, i am interested to know how hard it was to pull the tanks to do it

Your bike is lookin good, mine was due to ship on Nov. 7 but it and all dynas (according to dealer & factory) are getting pushed back for 3 weeks supposedly. this is the 2nd time they have pushed back my delivery date

Old 11-19-2005, 12:28 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

The bike doesn't run poorly with better flowing mufflers, it actually runs BETTER! Since you're concerned about the noise level, i can understand your thought process. If somone is looking for performance, they don't need to get a full set of pipes, unless they just want the look. the stock pipes with S&S slip on mufflers are PERFECT for a street bike, and make more power than any of the other mufflers!! S&S uses them on their big bore motors as well, you can read about it in their catalog. However they are louder than an SE II, but it's a by-product of performance. The only thing that's better than using these mufflers as a true 2 into 1 exhaust system. for the exhaust to work properly and effieciently you must have a crossover tube between the pipes. Your bike has this from the factory!!! That's why all that is needed is the mufflers. Bigger diameter pipes can actually hurt performance, as it again, loses the backpressure. you don't need big pipes until you have a HUGE motor, like a 124 TC or larger, and then the best bet is a 2 into 1, and then I'd recommend the Vance and Hines 2 into 1. HDWRENCH confirmed what I'm saying in another post when he tried the bigger pipes on one of his engine combo's, and took them off and gained back about 10+ horsepower. If it's just looks you want, that's cool But I'm a performance guy, and the sound is great, but for me it comes as a by-product of performance.

I have NEVER seen or heard anybody complain about S&S mufflers, if anybody has PLEASE let me know....

joe

Old 11-19-2005, 12:52 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: grizzly

Are thepipes tooloud? or do they make the bike run poorly???? I was going to buy some for my 06 DYna TODAY....... now I am a bit concerned....

Grizzly, check your inbox, you have mail......

joe

Old 11-19-2005, 05:08 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks traveler.....

Well I got the SE II slash cuts, SE A/C, and the factory D/L......should be on by the end of next week. I will let you all know what I think prolly by next sunday.....I hope.
\
Once I get this done, its time to start CHOPPING up the Sporty......[8D]