Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyna vs softie

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 PM
crock921
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dyna vs softie

the only reason i am asking this question on a dyna board is to find out what the reason as for people preferring hte D over the ST. Obviously mostof the people here are fans of the dyna, and most of the ST forum guys are ST fans. I want to find the best things about both models so i can compare them.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:34 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: cardboard

The older models of EG had shocks on the outside. Have they already done away with the shocks and gone softails on them?
My buddy's that ride EGC say that's why they got them. A Touring bike has so much stuff on they I'd have to git down and look at them.
I would also determine what kind of riding I would be doing when I buy a scooter. ARe you going to be riding around town, or you going on trips over 250 miles. This too would help determine which bike would be better suited for you.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 PM
crock921
Road Captain

i plan on riding for a day at a time. 8 - 10 hours will be a normal ride. Sometimes that will mean hundreds of miles, sometimes that will mean 100-150 miles. I want to be able to cruise (1-up) for a day without being uncomfortable.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:50 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Critter174

If all softails look like this, I don't think there would be any question which one we would be a riding.[8D]

ORIGINAL: tlb

softails are always the best ride.
I wait daily for the softail vs dyna question just so i can post about softails are always better to ride.
I really wanted a dyna when i started looking last year and i think if was going to take lots of long rides it would be on a dyna but since i mostly ride it around town i picked the fatboy for a few reasons i love the old school look of a fatboy and more things to spend money on.
next was my wife sat on a fatboy and just looked better, which is the deciding factor anyway. lol

Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

I would spend my initial money on renting a few bikes before you buy one. This would be the cheapest way you could do is by spending a day on the bike.
It will tell you more about the bikes than anybody could try to explain to you. I would rent a street bob, then a wide glide then a Electra glide and see which one fits yer riding style best. The touring bikes are great for long rides, but for twisty roads and a lot of stopping and going the extra weight just ain't the same for me to handle all the time.
MY buddy's that has the EGC, has dyna to ride when he don't ride 300 miles and farther one way. He hasthe superglide he got and rides it 98* of the time. The superglide is about the cheapest entry lever bike to git in the market with that has the bigger motor and 6 speed transmission.
There's a lot of variables to figure in when trying to buy a bike. Age, Heigth, kind of riding, 1 or two up., Hiway or country roads. prices and so on. Talk to a dealer and tell him what kinds of riding you are going to do and let him make some suggestions. He can see you and figure from there.
Wish you luck with yer decesion.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Critter174

If all softails look like this, I don't think there would be any question which one we would be a riding.[8D]

softails are always the best ride.
I wait daily for the softail vs dyna question just so i can post about softails are always better to ride.
I really wanted a dyna when i started looking last year and i think if was going to take lots of long rides it would be on a dyna but since i mostly ride it around town i picked the fatboy for a few reasons i love the old school look of a fatboy and more things to spend money on.
next was my wife sat on a fatboy and just looked better, which is the deciding factor anyway. lol
That saying in itself what do you think the new Fat bobs are gonna ride like, looks like a fat boy in a dyna frame ? they should be out by the 26th of next month.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:11 PM
crock921
Road Captain

i like the fat bob but i don't want to have to add forward controls and baby apes so I think that bike will end up being a no go

Old 08-15-2007, 01:19 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

you'll be happier with a softail. those other guys are just in dyna-nile [sm=smiley19.gif][sm=violin.gif]................[sm=escape.gif]

Old 08-15-2007, 01:35 PM
crock921
Road Captain

hahaha

that is funny

Old 08-15-2007, 01:37 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

As far as I can tell the fat bob has forward controls, I know its gonna be hot. the dealer already has a lot of them sold.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p;locale=en_US

Talk to yer salesman. If you tell him what you want before the bike is put together its cheaper. Like handlebars. rims. foot pets etc.

Quick Reply: dyna vs softie