Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

frustration

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:20 PM
MNslider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frustration

Have an 06 Superglide that is driving me nuts. The front end seems to have a clunk to it when I go over any bumps. Also, when I decel or brake the engine by down shifting, I can feel a shudder through the handle bars.

Had it in at 1000 mile check up and asked them to look into it, and I just dropped it off again for the same thing. They said they checked the steering head bearing and all the adjustments were correct. Check all the front end bolts and everything was tight, I don't get it and I have a feeling, they don't either.

Any thoughts??????

Old 08-12-2007, 09:29 PM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: frustration

The 'clunk' is pretty common, I have some clunk in my '07 SG. I hear you can add 1/2 ounce fork oil ,or change to heavier fork oil. As for decel shudder, is it really bad, or just vibration?..Harleys' (Dynas) do vibrate a lot compare to the foreign models..it takes a little getting used to..good luck.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38236/25872E373E834262993EE960675C1829.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-12-2007, 09:34 PM
RazorFXDB
Tourer

.... suck it up and ride that b!tch 'til it falls apart.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:55 PM
MNslider
Intermediate

razor - that's about as a moronic response to a problem as you can get. No **** I'm going to ride it anyway. Just trying to find out if others have had the same issue - idiot.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the clunk....even sometimes when I brake..coming to a stop.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 PM
rok312
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MNslider

razor - that's about as a moronic response to a problem as you can get. No **** I'm going to ride it anyway. Just trying to find out if others have had the same issue - idiot.

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I rode a loaner from the dealer that had that same issue (clunk when applying the brakes) the other day.. it was an FLH design though. It sounded as if it was comming from the forks and not the brakes. I think it was probably just low on fork oil.. as it tended to "dive" heavily more that what a bike really should. I have also heard that a heavier grade type of fork oil is sometimes a "fix" for this.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:22 PM
ss377
Road Captain

When I had the injectors replaced on my 06 St Bob and the techs replaced the fuel tank, they swapped the front and rear mounting bolts. The rear bolt is just a little longer than the front and will bottom out on the acorn nut before securing the tank. This allowed the tank to "clunk" on bumps. Swapping the bolts cured that. If you've had your tank off for some reason, I'd check the the bolts.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:11 PM
clark_ii
4th Gear

Slider, I have the same problem on my 06 Bob. The clunk I think can be fixed with heavier fork oil. As far as the shudder on decel & braking, this one has me puzzled. I looked at the front rotor, but nothing. I'm going to go through the front motr mount & go through the alignment process. I had the stealer look at the motor mount & said the it was o.k. & that type of vibe is normal. I believe otherwise.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
ladodgerdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My "clunk" wasthe kickstand...

Quick Reply: frustration