Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GRASSHOPPER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 AM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: GRASSHOPPER!

HA HA HA HA [sm=icon_rofl.gif] This is one of THE funniest threads I have ever read!!.. esp. the fish one!!! HA HA HA HA!!!

I have been hit by all kinds of road junk throughout the years.. Bugs, pieces of recap... (never tailgate a big rig trying to save gas in August) rocks, wood bark, sand, and dodged even more I suppose. The worst though was when I was a younger man and riding my Gixer 750.

I was doing about 80 with a full face helmet on and got nailed by an enormous June bug flying at the same speed in the opposite direction.. After impact, my head was whipped back as was one of my hands / arms off one of the grips.... and when I came back to where I could get both hands back on the bars, all I could see in the face screen was a putrescent yellow film.. couldnt even see the road. Got slowed down, lifted the face screen and pulled over.. had to use my t-shirt to cleanthe wretched thingoff.

Some little b^stard kid was on the porch of a house nearby that looked more like termites holding hands than an actual habital structure... laughing his a$$ off at me...(he musta saw the whole thing) I threw a couple rocks at him.. fortunately for him I missed and he skidaddeled pretty quuickly.... after which I then left.. it was truely a surreal moment..

Old 08-13-2007, 11:38 AM
skip3406
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 2 Posts

Pheasant, bugs, tree bark, stones, peace of mud flap and pissed off girl friend.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Drexor69
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

June Bug...

They'll snap your head back at 50MPH...

Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
MovedtoSyracuse
Tourer

Chunk of cement from a cement truck going the other direction. Hit me so hard that it bruise my peck muscle. I thought it broke a rib.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:39 PM
eno50
Cruiser

[quote]ORIGINAL: skip3406

Pheasant, bugs, tree bark, stones, peace of mud flap and pissed off girl friend.

Ha! Ha! Yea I forgot about the pissed off girl friend! Ha! Ha!

Old 08-13-2007, 04:21 PM
pauletich
Road Master

Get hit all the time, rode through a swarm of bugs once and had to stop to clean my face and glasses.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:05 PM
SSGBobber
Cruiser

Mine was a license plate, it was dark so im not sure where it came from. It hurt like he11.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:06 PM
madelf
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: eno50

I wear a half helmet and glasses, I think I'am going to get another helment with shield snaps and start wearing a face shield this time of year, the buggs are bad.
I actually had more trouble with bugs when I was wearing a face shield (full-face helmet). Maybe it was something about the shape of the helmet, I don't know, but I swear it would suck in bugs from 4 feet away and splatter every single one of them right in my field of vision. On the average ride, I'd be squinting to see through the bug guts inside of half an hour. I've often had to pull over on the side of the road to clean the shield because I just couldn't see.

Since I went to a half-helmet and glasses, 90% of the bugs just bounce off. Very rarely do I ever get onecatchme rightin a lense, (and I can usually flick those off without even stopping). And, sure, the occassional june bug or bee might smart a bit when it catches me in the nose, but at least I can see. And I can ride for hours without ever having to do more than give the glasses a quick wipe when I stop to stretch my legs.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 PM
kerberos
Road Captain

I caught one (grasshopper) in the teeth a few weeks back. Still pickin' legs out. Kinda tasty though.
Probably the biggest thing I ever hit though was an owl. It was night, I was doing about 60 on a country road. Scared the living **** out of me.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 AM
jtees
Cruiser

I got hit in the right arm by my buddy's side mount licence plate and mount. He has a 99 Rat Bike Sportster with hand made everything. We were riding about 40 and sure enough I was the unlucky one that was behind him. Came off his bike and bounced once and right at me. Came between my bars and hit mein the arm at the bend of theelbow. Had the wife on the back had to take it. He will forever ride in the back.

Quick Reply: GRASSHOPPER!