Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freakin' birds!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:28 AM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Freakin' birds!!

I just about hit another bird doing about 40mph today! Jeez..I killed one a few weeks back, bounced off my helmet...dead as hell..going to keep my full face helmet for awhile. They fly right out, take a dive at me, usually around dusk and doing about 40..what is it with these effing birds?

Old 08-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Limey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Freakin' birds!!

A friend of mine hit a pigeon on his XJR1300 (the friend's XJR not the pigeon's), it splattered all over him and fried its guts on the exhaust headers. He can't get rid of the smell of rancid fried pigeon gizzards now.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Ole Geezer
Cruiser

The summer of 2005, right after I got the bike in the picture below, I hit 3 birds: One hit me in the left side rib cage, hurt like a SOB for 3 days. I was doing around 70 at the time. I had 2 bounce off the windshield, what a mess.

Summer of 2006: I hit 2 birds and almost got picked off my bike. Hit one small one with the forks. I should say I don't aim for them, lol, they fly into me. Had one hit the right side right on the air intake gaurd. That one scared the Sh*t out of me as I never saw it coming. I "almost" lost it with that one. A buddy and I were heading north out of Madison PA (just east of Wellsboro) and enjoying the beautifull scenery when this turkey buzzard comes at me like it is going to pick me off the bike and carry me away. I actually ducked down to avoid contact.

This summer: So far one crow hit the windshield. I must say, its one tough windshield. After cleaning the windshield, no noticeable marks or damage. Its a NationalCycle 2-up windshield. The windshield in the picture below has been replaced. The one below is a POS harley windshield. To soon old, to late smart on that one.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Limey
Tourer

Keep up the good work Old Geezer, you seem to be keeping all the birds off the rest of us

Old 08-11-2007, 10:42 AM
labfreak
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ole Geezer, Limey, thanks guys, I thought I had some kind of' invisible bird attractor noise coming from my recent ECM download or K&N filter....wait a minute...! ..that sucking noise I've been hearing from the A/C! Maybe it's attracting the brds! Scares away the deer...but..all these birds..lol...!
Fried pigeon gizzards! Yum!..LMAO..!

Old 08-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't have any worm features do ya?

Old 08-11-2007, 11:51 AM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys - sorry I read this posting, now I'm jinxed (i.e. never had a bird hit me)

Old 08-11-2007, 01:12 PM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The birds where you guys live are pretty suicidal. I had a bird poop on my jacket the other day when I was riding down the road.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:47 PM
ironhorselady
Road Master

When RaftGyde was a kid, his dad's friend always called him Buzzard Bait. I can't count how many times he's ducked buzzards since I've known him! Was it a curse? Maybe not. He hasn't had one take him out so far!!

Old 08-11-2007, 06:17 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: hAkron

The birds where you guys live are pretty suicidal. I had a bird poop on my jacket the other day when I was riding down the road.
Me too! I'd rather just kill the damned thing. I seem to run into more alligators than anything else around here.

Quick Reply: Freakin' birds!!