Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got run off the road last night

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:14 PM
max290
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got run off the road last night

Cager turned wide in my laneand I had no time to react, Leaned the scoot as much as possible close to the shoulder and I went down...Seperated my shoulder, tore several ligaments in my lefy knee and have a harline fracture on my right arm..Not to mention all the raaod rash...The cager didn't ever stop.....I don't understand how people can be so reckless and inconsiderate...We definately live in a different world today...I was abel to ride to scott home, as soon as I pulled in my driveway, the handlebars broke of......I gues tomorrow I have to visit the suregon the get my knee recontucted...I guess I was pretty Lucky...Hurt

Old 08-09-2007, 06:21 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Default RE: just got run off the road last night

Max,
Glad to see you can still type! Must've been a painful trip back home. Do you think the guy saw you and then didn't stop or didn't notice he'd cut you off? Hope there's not too muchdamage to your body. Keep us posted.
Steve

Old 08-09-2007, 06:25 PM
max290
Advanced

The driver knew i was coming which made mepull over to the shoulder to avoid them..don't understand people that won't even stop knowing they just caused an accident..Maybe he/she was drunk..don't know...my bide hasd about 2K worth of damage and I will most likley need my knee reconstructed..this bites

Old 08-09-2007, 06:51 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks..completely sucks..but you are alive and that's what matters. I had a cager stop short on me last winter (in the rain) and I went down and broke two bones in my foot and tore up my shoulder...(hadda ride all winter with a cast on my foot......it was cold)..now I gotta get surgery next month for the shoulder..and that's gonna suck...foot's ok but will never be the same...farging cagers....now I'm gonna hafta learn to type withone of myleft fingers....not to mention the withdrawals I'm gonna go thru went I won't be able to ride for a couple months... Glad you are ok (alive) and keep telling yourself what I been trying to tell myself: "This too shall pass".

Old 08-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Strange Trip
Intermediate

Glad you are still with us. Sorry about the knee and bike. Any witnesses or tag numbers? This is a real touchy subject with me. A buddy of mine actually just sold his bike because of a close call. He parked it and never rode again. When someone cuts me off or pulls out in front of me I go f***'n nuts! The only thing that keeps me from laying on the horn for 20 seconds is my left middle finger in the air. Glad you pulled through.

Ride safe - J

Old 08-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Punty
Road Warrior

I am glad for the most part you are OK, it could have been so much worse. Heal quickly

Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Cabo
Road Captain

Hang in their. There will be better days ahead for you and the cager will get whats comming to him / her. It always does.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:20 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad your ok, could have been alot worse. Sucks the _ucker didn't stop. Hopefully insurance will come through for you in a timely fashion (health and motorcycle).

Old 08-09-2007, 09:06 PM
shoptroll
Banned

We've been readin' way too many of these stories on the forum.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can ride as safe as possible, and there is still that one a$$hole that runs you down. That really sucks man, I hope the healing and the insurance stuff goes well for ya.

Quick Reply: just got run off the road last night