Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got run off the road last night

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 04:50 PM
winnhog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just got run off the road last night

Sorry to hear about your mishap and hope you get well enough soon................I am a very inexperienced 50 year old rider with an excellent "cager" driving record. I've only been on the bike for 200 miles of so, all city driving and I must say it is dangerous out there.

My last event (two nights ago) happened when I had the green light to go, checked both ways saw traffic coming to a stop and I started through the intersection, looked left and there was a "cager" coming through on a red. I hit the throttle and rolled through, but man was it close.

I'm now a little hesitant to jump on the bike. i know I'll have too, but i just shake my head at people and their driving habits.

Good luck and hope we don't join you in rehab.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:43 PM
js1268
Banned

man, i hate hearing about stuff like this!.... i've had some close calls with this kind of stuff.... and when it happens, i make sure the driver knows just what he or she did! ...i do everything from spitting on their window, kicking their door, cursing and yelling, and calling them every expletive i can find under my tongue!

I'm so glad you're okay.....I've had many, MANY friends get injured from idiots like this.... I have one friend who's paralyzed from the waste down.... and 2 friends who were killed

my contention is that we have nothing to lose as riders....when we're obeying every traffic law and driving defensively and exercising caution around every corner and you got some schmuck who's talking on a cell phone or texting or just driving like an idiot, and you're fortunate enough that you don't get injured or killed because of their stupidity, LET THEM KNOW JUST HOW STUPID THEY ARE by using every bit of anger and frustration at your disposal!!!

sorry...but this is just my humble opinion...others may disagree, but i've had to brush off 2 cigarette butts that have landed in my lap in 3 months, already...i got one driver at the next intersection, and the other took a right and got away

Old 08-10-2007, 07:39 PM
narosar
Tourer

ORIGINAL: max290

Cager turned wide in my laneand I had no time to react, Leaned the scoot as much as possible close to the shoulder and I went down...Seperated my shoulder, tore several ligaments in my lefy knee and have a harline fracture on my right arm..Not to mention all the raaod rash...The cager didn't ever stop.....I don't understand how people can be so reckless and inconsiderate...We definately live in a different world today...I was abel to ride to scott home, as soon as I pulled in my driveway, the handlebars broke of......I gues tomorrow I have to visit the suregon the get my knee recontucted...I guess I was pretty Lucky...Hurt
holy crap.... you lived and not paralyzed or in a coma, best of luck

Old 08-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Strange Trip
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: js1268

man, i hate hearing about stuff like this!.... i've had some close calls with this kind of stuff.... and when it happens, i make sure the driver knows just what he or she did! ...i do everything from spitting on their window, kicking their door, cursing and yelling, and calling them every expletive i can find under my tongue!

I'm so glad you're okay.....I've had many, MANY friends get injured from idiots like this.... I have one friend who's paralyzed from the waste down.... and 2 friends who were killed

my contention is that we have nothing to lose as riders....when we're obeying every traffic law and driving defensively and exercising caution around every corner and you got some schmuck who's talking on a cell phone or texting or just driving like an idiot, and you're fortunate enough that you don't get injured or killed because of their stupidity, LET THEM KNOW JUST HOW STUPID THEY ARE by using every bit of anger and frustration at your disposal!!!

sorry...but this is just my humble opinion...others may disagree, but i've had to brush off 2 cigarette butts that have landed in my lap in 3 months, already...i got one driver at the next intersection, and the other took a right and got away

Speaking of cig butts, that really pisses me off something fierce. The only thing that will get you the wrath of my rage faster is windshield washer fluid. At least I could rationalize that someone was smoking when I catch up behind them or they pass me, and they may have no choice. The washer fluid could wait for sure. I ride with no windshield so I get it all the time.

Didn't mean to stray from the topic. Hope your healing and riding ASAP. J

Old 08-10-2007, 11:31 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you made it out alive .... hope the re-hab goes well.

God Bless ...

PsTaN

Old 08-11-2007, 06:59 AM
max290
Advanced

Thanks to all of you for your kind words, condolenses as well as offers to for parts that I may need..As alot of us on this board probablly know, The real trama you sustained dosen't appear for a few days... Pretty much layed out at this point..I guesss I'll use the downtime to get the scoot fixed and heal a little more...Its only been a few days since the acident, however, I can't stand not being able to jump in the saddle..I am one rider that will jump right back on that horse when able...Again, thanks for all you support..This forum makes me feel like an important member of a close knit family...

Old 08-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Phil K
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear this....we all have close calls with cages...some too close. Maybe the old practice of carrying a pocket full of ball bearings to fling at cages that get too close?????? Hope you heal up and get back in the saddle soon.