Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got run off the road last night

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:17 PM
speedjunkie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: just got run off the road last night

Glad you're still here to tell us about it. Despite being a little worse for wear! Have faith tho, what comes around, goes around. One of these days that A'Hole is gonna get his, with interest!! Let us know how the doc visits go, and heal fast!!

Mike

Old 08-09-2007, 09:50 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

max290

hang in there. and get well soon.i hate to hear this kind of thing happen. the cager will get his .

Old 08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
max290
Advanced

Thanks Everone for your support...not too coherent now due to pain meds...Best wishes to all...Maybe one day they will make it mandatory that all cagers take the "CLFM" course..."Cagers Lookingout for Motorcycles" Course...might cut down on our Hospital visits and God forbid the unthinkable...God Bless you all

Old 08-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When i hear of stuff like this, it really pisses me off.
I'd love to run that person down and beat some sense into them for ya!![sm=shootshoot.gif]

Good Luck in your recovery and keep in mind that it could have been worse.

Take care of yourself and fix the bike later.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:08 AM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are not in worse shape ... the cager will get theirs ... its called karma ... believing in that is the only thing that stops me punching through the side window and dragging their sorry **** out of the cage for a 'chat' when this sort of thing happens. Hope the knee heals quickly !

Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm really sorry to hear that. Glad you weren't more seriously hurt. It's obvious the cager never saw you or knew what happened.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:13 AM
pauletich
Road Master

This is starting to be common place, I have been hearing more and more of these types of close calls. I say close call because your still with us (Thank God). Us riders need to remember these types of things and know you cant depend on the cagers to see us or care about us.

Lets all ride safe and defensively.
Hope you are back on your feet soon.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Max,
If you need anything let your buddies here at the forum know. I'm sure that enough of uswould get together and do whatever we could for you. We might even have some parts lying around you could use to put your ride back together. Just let us know buddy.

Bart

Old 08-10-2007, 10:46 AM
HDRoadKing007
Cruiser

Hey Bud sorry to hear about this but glad you're ok.About a month ago awomandriving a BMW SUVcame head oninto my lane and I thought shewas purposely trying to run me off the road. She had the phone glued ear talking and laughing etc. I turned my bike around followed her into her niceupscale neighborhood drove right up into herdriveway and let her have it. Her husband looking on not saying a word. I toldher, if you've been drinking you shouldn't drive,ifyou can't drive and talk on the phone, hang it up! I told hershe's lucky Ididn't report theincidentor worse got hurt....she did apologize and I told her to never ever do this again. Sometimes people don't see the seriousness of it all.....this stuff makes me mad.

Get well soon!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:51 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I had someone turn in front of me last week. Going in the same direction, but he pulled right out in front of me and I had a car to the right. I split the lanes, came by him, and gunned my exhaust in his ear. He then rode right up on my rear, I flagged him to back off. Thought I was going to have to knock his mirror off to get him to understand to give me some space. I hate to say it, but between crashing and hitting, take the hit if you can safely do it. You're going to dump anyway, but at least you will have the A**HOLEs paint to back up a "hit & run" claim.

I don't think it really matters anymore about being on a motorcylce and someone turning if front of you. The same thing happens when I'm in the car, truck, or the van. It's just butt-wipes on the phone and in their own little world.

Quick Reply: just got run off the road last night