Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux Lights Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Aux Lights Installation

I am thinking of installing these aux lights on my 07 Low Rider

or

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Auxiliary Lighting Kit

There's a lot of road on this planet, and these chrome lamps will light the way. Just add the desired lamp kit (sold separately) to complete the installation. This kit includes the chrome lamp housings, and the chrome mounting brackets that match the contour of the triple tree and highlight the headlamp. Kit comes complete with the necessary wiring, switch and hardware for installation. Can be used with Turn Signal Relocation Kit P/N 68603-01. (Bulbs sold separately.)

What does this mean "Just add the desired lamp kit (sold separately) to complete the installation."

Has anyone else installed these, anything tricky? Do the turn signals HAVE to be relocated?

B

Old 08-07-2007, 09:03 AM
DynaSport
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aux Lights Installation

What does this mean "Just add the desired lamp kit (sold separately) to complete the installation."

It means the kit has the mounting and electrical bits, but not the actual lights. They sell a few different varieties to chose from. I don't have the kit, but I have thought about it much. My reason for not doing it is I would need a different winshield, as my current one won't fit with those lights. A friend of mine added an engine guard and put HD aux. lights on it. It actually looks pretty good to me, so I've thought about that as well. While lights may not be the nicest looking add on, they are nice for safety.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:30 AM
pauletich
Road Master

Should look nice when complete. Please post some picks when you are done.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: DynaSport

It means the kit has the mounting and electrical bits, but not the actual lights. They sell a few different varieties to chose from. I don't have the kit, but I have thought about it much. My reason for not doing it is I would need a different winshield, as my current one won't fit with those lights. A friend of mine added an engine guard and put HD aux. lights on it. It actually looks pretty good to me, so I've thought about that as well. While lights may not be the nicest looking add on, they are nice for safety.
I did buy the HD aux lights (if these are what you mean)

Engine Guard-Mounted Fog Lamp Kit

Uniquely styled halogen fog lamps feature a 55-watt bulb and clear lens with a faceted inner reflector. The beautifully polished and chrome-plated housings are designed to bolt easily onto most Harley-Davidson® front engine guards. Kit comes complete with a pair of fog lamps, fused harness, relay and switch.

I decided not to install them, have them new in box if anyone's interested. $135 + s/h on DH website, I'll ship them to you for $110.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

From what I was told comes with everything but the light includding light buckets but not the glass. Because you can choose a clear with lens optics or clear smooth with reflector optics.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM
DynaSport
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Dynamite17

Uniquely styled halogen fog lamps feature a 55-watt bulb and clear lens with a faceted inner reflector. The beautifully polished and chrome-plated housings are designed to bolt easily onto most Harley-Davidson® front engine guards. Kit comes complete with a pair of fog lamps, fused harness, relay and switch.

I decided not to install them, have them new in box if anyone's interested. $135 + s/h on DH website, I'll ship them to you for $110.
Sorry, but those lights are just for mounting on an engine guard. The ones you need are really just the glass as Airborne said. Really, the HD parts guy should be able to guide you the best.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

check this thread out:
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1794871/m...tm.htm#1794871

Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Dynamite17

Sorry, but those lights are just for mounting on an engine guard. The ones you need are really just the glass as Airborne said. Really, the HD parts guy should be able to guide you the best.
Yup, I have the engine guards (see pic), just decided I didnt want them.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:27 PM
JoelG
Novice

Will those fit a 07? They will not fit my 06 FXDLI.

Fits all '88-later XL and '91-'05 Dyna® models (except FXDWG, FXDS-CONV., and FXDXT). Also fits '88-'94 FXR, FXRS, FXLR models. ('88-'97 XL883, '88-'96 XL883 Deluxe, '96-'97 XL1200S, '88-'94 FXRS-SP, and '91-'92 FXDB-S require Turn Signal Relocation Kit P/N 68603-01.) Will not fit FXR models equipped with engine guards or Front Directional Signal Relocation Kit P/N 68517-94A.

Here is the link that they show for fitting 06 and later. http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US