Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have meancitycycles do their factory seat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 05:08 AM
lilrooster76
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have meancitycycles do their factory seat?

Just wondering if anyone has had MeanCityCycles work on their OEM seat...I have seen several threads where people have sent in some other seats and loved it, but was looking for some first hand experience on an OEM seat. I have an 07 Super-Glide Custom. I just hate to spend the money on an aftermarket only to have to send it out anyways. So if they can make my OEM feel great then thats the way I wanna go, I'm just afraid to send outthe seaton my ride if it doesn't do much good on the original seat. Any help would be appreciated

Old 08-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have meancitycycles do their factory seat?

My brother had his Wideglide seat worked on by them.

He basically wanted them to shape it like the Harley Reach seat, which I had bought. The Reach seat is a lowered seat that pushes you forward an inch, and it is thinner on the bottom so you can put your feet down easier.

They came pretty close, but it didn't put the rider as close as the Reach and the seat is still wide where you straddle it. It aslo seems to tilt upward at the front which tilts your pelvis up and hurtsmy lower back a little. I'm sure we could send it back to have it reworked, but I'll probably just do it myself. I've done seat reshaping before, but we had them add the memory foam, etc.

The quality of woork is good and the padding they use is pretty comfortable.

My advice would be to tell them exactly what you want and not tell them to duplicate a certain seat. That way, you are sure to get exactly what you need.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just had mine done and the quality of the work is great. I haven't ridden it yet because the bike is down in Orlando getting an engine build, but the quality was great. Call Allen and schedule your work for a specific day. Mine was scheduled for 8/1, I sent it off on about 7/27 so it would be there and I had it back on 8/2. If you just send it in, the turnaround time can be a lot longer.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:58 AM
blkdimon8
Tourer

Allen
Does a pretty good job. He hooked up the stock seat on my 06 Superglide and a two up reach seat. I highly recommend them.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:03 AM
lilrooster76
Tourer

I'm pretty comfortable with where i sit at on the bike...at least I think I am....I just know that my **** feels like I spent a night at the Blue Oyster when I do more than around and hour of time on it. The wife is none to comfortable as well....I was thinking of having them do the memory foam to mine as this is alot cheaper than a new seat and I like the way the factory seat looks on my bike. I still have the mids on mine and I'm only 5'10 so the seat sits me in a nice position, I dont even feel it so wide...If anything I would like to be lower by about an 1/2 to 3/4 inch, but I plan on doing the shocks this winter, so that will lower me.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:17 AM
cadillac
Road Master

I had Allen refoam our 2 up seat on a 2000 FXDS. Wife was complaining on longer trips. He replaced all factory foam with hospital grade memory foam and man.. what a difference that made! You cant tell it from factory.. until you sit on it. If I had to do it again, I would without any hesitation. He is a great vendor and all around good people.

bob