Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first long ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:51 AM
jcd15
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first long ride

Well went on my first long ride yesterday.Probably went about 100 miles total
I forgot to check the trip meter.Anyway I noticed a couple of things with my 07 bob.
First was I went with 5 other guys 2 baggers,2 fatboys and one softtale custom.I NEED NEW EXHAUST.
Running with these guys I could'nt hear my stock exhaust.My friend with the custom has the same engine and tranny as me and he has the v&h bss. They sound awsome, I was pretty sure I was going
with that exhaust now I definately am.
Second thing I noticed that by the end of the trip my **** started to get alittle sore.
I am going to get a new seat anyway I need a 2 upto take mywife.Some one recommended the sundowner.
But I am still looking for other recommendations on a comfortable seat.
What a great night.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: first long ride

I like the Mustang and Corbin with driver's backrest. With the Cirbin you can move the back rest from the front to the back when she rides with you.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:11 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same problems originally; seat & exhaust. I bought the Mustang Wide Solo with backrest and a Mustang Wide Passenger seat. Also, got a set of SE II's with Big City Thunder baffles and a PCIII USB. World of Difference!!! Bike sounds and rides good. Can make a 500 mile day without a sore butt. OEM seat was good for about 30 minutes ride time.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your ride. You WILL find many ways in which to drain your wallet working to improve and customize your ride.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:35 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Got a mint codition Sundowner with your name all over it just sitting in my garage waiting to be shipped.

PM me if your interested.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:00 PM
txgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry about the seat, you just need to build up some butt callouses!

My step son picked up a Super Glide in Tx and drove it to NY. Now that's a long "almost" first ride. He had about 300 miles on it before he left and had the 1000 mile service in PA.

Get some pipes - you'll be amazed at how much less your butt hurts!<G>

Old 08-03-2007, 08:29 PM
ronster
Road Master

pic of the sundowner i have and yes, 350 miles no prob. pipes,well i love my pythons.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Ole Geezer
Cruiser

Sore butt after only 100 miles? Must be a new rider.

Two weekends back I took a nice little 3 day trip (Fri, Sat and Sun) and did a mere 1886 miles. When you said: Your first long ride I was thinking more then 100 miles. I go 150 miles a night just to go out for dinner.

I have a stock seat on my 05 DWG and never get a sore butt. The most miles I have done (this summer) in one day is 812 miles and no sore butt. Sounds like you just need more time in the saddle.

Ole Geezer

Old 08-03-2007, 10:25 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

I rode far too many miles on my stock seat before I switched to a Mustang wide solo. Stock seat did'nt work for me. Gave me a sore *** and bothered my back and that was before 100 miles. Rode with stock on my Bob for almost a year. Many all day rides that were miserable after a few hours.Switching made all the difference in the world. Rode to NY from NC (and back)about 2 weeks ago with no aches and no sore ***.Everyone's made differently and the right seat turns a long uncomfortable ride into a comfortable relaxing ride. Just my 2 cents............

Old 08-04-2007, 05:16 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

I've got a sundowner for me and the misses and a lowrider for me around town. 260 miles (6 hrs)a couple of weeks ago on the sundowner and no complaints. Haven't tried out the lowrider seat except for short trips to work and back.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:56 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Get a good seat and exhaust ASAP you won't regret it - I love my Mustang Solo and V&H short shots, both companies make quality products, you can't go wrong with either IMHO.

Chip

Quick Reply: first long ride