Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Upsetting

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:15 PM
bikecop40
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very Upsetting

I have posted in the past about a vibration from the motor and going through the foot pegs thinking that it HAS TO BE the motor mounts and very noticeable with 2up coming up to a stop!!!!!!!!!!!! and I don't think weight is an issue she weighs in at 110lb. I looked at some posts about this very problem, but has anyone out there had this problem, taken their bike back to the dealer, have a service tech look at the problem and fix it.

I don't want to make the repair my self, the bike only has 3000mi on it, and yes I did check the motor mounts, all are torqued to specs
Thanks for all the help guys.
D/C

Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Very Upsetting

I notice it every now and then riding 2-up and only maybe a couple times alone over the past 3 years. I have gone over the bike from handlebars to tires and found nothing so I am calling it natural vibrations. If it does it all the time maybe it should get checked though.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Punty
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh no, not again

Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 PM
rockdoc
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Punty

oh no, not again
yes, it is very upsetting.......

Old 08-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: bikecop40

I have posted in the past about a vibration from the motor and going through the foot pegs thinking that it HAS TO BE the motor mounts and very noticeable with 2up coming up to a stop!!!!!!!!!!!! and I don't think weight is an issue she weighs in at 110lb. I looked at some posts about this very problem, but has anyone out there had this problem, taken their bike back to the dealer, have a service tech look at the problem and fix it.

I don't want to make the repair my self, the bike only has 3000mi on it, and yes I did check the motor mounts, all are torqued to specs
Thanks for all the help guys.
D/C
I always thought the vibration was normal.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:34 PM
motorm
Intermediate

I get that sometimes, but my foot naturally goes to the outside of the pegs, and I don't feel it then. It is there and I think normal. Maybe some footpegs may be more dampening. It went away with further riding (warmed up engine). Of course, I was in a 1992 Sporty with chain drive, and engine mounted to the frame. My hands, my seat, and my feet vibrated above 65 mph.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:00 AM
DYNAMITE 1
Tourer

You need to learn to work on your own bikeIf I dont like somthing on my bike I change it. Whats so hard about that?

Old 08-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]@ Punty... i dont believe its a torque issue if you'll re-read the thread about the spacer(s) being placed on the motor mounts on a recent thread you might find what you need to fix it.... I know you said you want the stealership to fix it but dont hold yer breath waiting for them to do anything right... Lik they said above if you really want something done on your bike and done right.. get yerself a manual and go to work.. Good luck[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 08-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Punty

oh no, not again

Old 08-03-2007, 05:44 AM
bikecop40
Tourer

I do most of the work myself, fluids, service, and the bolt-ons except this problem I feel is a warranty issue and getting the run a roung from the dealer / tech is a little Yes, upsetting! I guess all I was looking for was someone out there that had this same problem and how was it resolved if at all
D/C

Quick Reply: Very Upsetting